PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To lead, manage, and coordinate the optimum operational performance of the Distribution Centre through entrenching a performance-based culture of continuous improvement and health and safety awareness in line with the Sikhula KunYe Culture.
- Manage the operational performance of the Distribution Centre by reducing costs and increasing efficiency and effectiveness;
- Give input into the Production and Capacity Planning – space; people, equipment & technology in alignment with projected inflow and outflow volumes
- Provide input and execute Distribution Centre strategy (3-year plan)
- Implementation of supply chain projects, applying processes and methodologies in accordance with best practices
- Entrench all SOPs throughout all departments and update where required with relevant stakeholders
- Ensure implementation of Health and Safety procedures
- Ensure implementation and management of Risk Management procedures
- Personnel management
- Enable and consolidate the DC climate and culture of Sikhula KunYe
- Day to day management of Temp Employment Service (TES)
- Manage and report on major budget items
- Facility Management
- 3-year Diploma/Degree in Warehouse Management/Supply Chain/Operations Management (NQF level 7 equivalent)
- +/- 5 Years Warehouse Experience in a middle/senior management role
- Computer Literate; Excel (Advanced level), G Suit
- Knowledge of Warehouse Systems, Processes and Health and Safety Procedures
- The user of Arthur and radiofrequency picking method. User of MMS (will be an advantage)
- Previous exposure to warehouse management systems
- Labour Relations
- Competencies required: Agility, Attention to detail, Leadership, Coaching, Decision making, Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, good time-management and planning, able to cope under pressure.
- Willing to travel
CLOSING DATE: Monday, 18 May 2020
If you are interested in the above position and meet the minimum requirements, please submit your CV
If you do not hear from us within 4 weeks of the closing date of this position, please regard your application as being unsuccessful.
Pep strives for equal opportunity in terms of employment equity guidelines.