G4S TACTICAL SUPPORT OFFICER (WELKOM)
TSO (Tactical Support Officer)
G4S Cash Solutions (SA), a leading provider of integrated cash management solutions, has a vacancy for a Tactical Support Officer based at our operations in Welkom.
Reporting to the Tactical Support Officer, this role is responsible to secure the company premises and assets and to ensure that procedures are adhered to according to the company policy
The successful incumbent is a self-starter with a proven track record in maintaining company policy, adopting best practices, and is able to exercise sound judgement in the pursuit of the achievement of the goals of the organisation, and understanding the role which facilities management plays within a successful business unit. The incumbent will be expected to be results driven and to live the values of the organisation.
Maintain Security at the Premises
- Ensure that existing security procedures are maintained at all times
- Ensure highest level of access control at property and building perimeters and internal security areas
- Ensure that loading procedures are strictly adhered to at all times
- Test panic buttons, alarms and fence perimeter to ensure that they are all in good order
- Conduct regular after hour security checks of the premises and gate guards and make an OB record
- Assume key holder responsibilities on a rotary basis a directed by the Branch Security Officer
- TSO must re-seal all defected/damaged consignments in CMC with relevant party under camera, the money must be count and the amount must be recorded.
Manage Vehicles ,Equipment and Standard Operating Procedures
- Ensure that equipment used by operational staff is correctly utilized and in sound working condition
- Issue and control of firearms, ammunition and seals to Crew
- Maintain an accurate Firearms and Ammunition and Kit register
- Ensure that all firearms have current licenses and firearm permits through checking competency of the crew and the serial numbers of the firearms needs to correspond to the firearms register
- Control the issue of identity documents, firearm permits and scanners and maintain a register thereof
- Monitor that all staff members adhere to procedures relating to SOP’s for banking halls, pay out services and standby guard services
- Check armored vehicles are checked before leaving the Base and such checks are recorded on the check sheet
- Provide armed escort services to armored vehicles as determined from time to time by the BSO
- Conduct departmental or criminal investigations as directed from time to time by the BSO.
Management of Staff
- Ensure that the image of the Branch and Company is maintained at the highest level possible and that the moral and security awareness of staff is maintained
- Ensure that vehicle crew adhere strictly to all security measures and maintain a high level of systems and procedures while operating within a Mobile operation, Walking operations and bank and client contact.
- Ensure that crew and driver is in full uniform and that they are fit to perform duties
Health and Safety
- Participate in the design/ development/ review/ implementation and monitoring of the departmental safety plans for each year.
- Participate in safety forums created by company for example safety meetings and safety talks
- Report all safety incidents to the relevant people
- Discuss all safety incidents
- Follow-up on any activities assigned through safety meeting/committee/representative/management
- Attend safety education and refresher programmes
- Comply with safety policies and procedures at workplace
- Distribute safety information as and when required
- Wear protective clothing all the time
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Grade 12
- Grade C PSIRA & CIT
- Firearm competency
- Valid Drivers License and PDP
- Knowledge of G4S standard operating procedures
- South African security legislation
- G4S Operational Policy and procedures
- G4S HR Policy and procedures
- Health and Safety legislation
- Computer literate – ability to work on Excel, MS Outlook, Word
- Communication (written and verbal)
- Sharing and cooperating
- Customer Thinking
- Leading people
- Customer Service and liaison
- Strong risk management and investigations
- Work under pressure
- Dealing with changing circumstances
- Attention to detail
- Delivering great customer service
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
G4S is the world’s leading international security solutions group, which specialises in outsourced business processes in sectors where security and safety risks are considered a strategic threat. G4S is the largest employer quoted on the London Stock Exchange and has a secondary stock exchange listing in Copenhagen. G4S has operations in more than 125 countries and 657,000 employees.
G4S operates in over 25 countries in Africa and employs over 105 000 people on the continent. At G4S South Africa, our vision is to be recognised as the leader in providing security solutions. We therefore endeavour to build and maintain a motivated, capable workforce who are proud to work for our region and able to deliver our commercial strategy. We continue to build on the excellent people management practices which are in place across the Group in order to fully engage our workforce.
G4S is an organisation which is defined by its values, which are:
- We act with Integrity and Respect – Our business activities and relationships are built on trust, honesty and openness. We do what we promise and always strive to do the right thing. We listen. We treat our colleagues, customers and those in our care with the utmost respect.
- We are passionate about Safety, Security and Service Excellence – We are passionate about working safely and take great care to protect our colleagues and customers from harm. We are experts in security and use that knowledge to protect our customer’s assets. We keep our promises and are passionate about delivering high levels of customer service.
- We achieve this through Innovation and Teamwork – We invest in technology and best practice to continuously improve the products and services we offer. We challenge ourselves to find new ways of helping our customers achieve their goals. We work together as a team, valuing everyone’s contribution, to ensure we achieve the best results for our customers and our business.
More jobs :