Reference number: 81741
Closing date: 4 June 2020
Operating entity: Sasol Mining, Various Shafts
Geographical area: Secunda, Mpumalanga, South Africa
Sasol Mining operates six coal mines that supply feedstock for our Southern African integrated value chain. The coal supplied to Secunda Synfuels Operations (SSO) is mainly used as gasification feedstock and some is used to generate electricity. The coal supplied to Sasolburg Operations (SO) is used to generate electricity and steam. We also export coal from the Twistdraai Export Plant to international power generation customers via the Richards Bay Coal Terminal.
ABOUT THE ROLE / PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Strip and re-build of underground machines to help Sasol Mining achieve its QCDSM targets.
- Maintaining safety requirements
- Maintaining of own working environment and work area
- Training of colleagues
- Adhere to ISO standard (14001 & 9000 )
- In line with Sasol’s commitment to Employment Equity, preference will be given to suitable candidates from designated groups.
- In addition to a pre-employment medical examination, some positions may require a physical fitness assessment, as part of the normal pre-employment selection criteria.
- Grade 12/N3 with Maths and Science
- Qualified Artisan (Fitter trade test and apprenticeship training)
- Valid red ticket (or able to obtain one)
- First Aid Certificate
- Valid drivers license and own transport
- 5 years applicable technical experience
- Experience in gearbox and underground machine overhaul
- Highly discipline and be able to act in foreman function when needed
- Be able to do precision work
- Knowledge of gearbox overhauls
- Fault finding on mechanical sub-assemblies
- Knowledge of gear trains and bearings
- Knowledge on hydraulic drawings
- Hydraulic experience
- Knowledge of mining machinery will be to your benefit
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- Self Mastery- Takes accountability for driving own growth through developing self awareness, reflecting, seeking feedback and self-correcting
Functional / Technical
- Ability to plan, co-ordinate and control all activities
- Ability to drive QCDSM
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Conceptual ability
- Problem solving and decision making
- Risk Assessment
Failure to provide Sasol with truthful information and valid documents will render your application null and void.
Please note that the Sasol Group/ Sasol Mining will never request you to make cash deposits/ payments as part of the recruitment process.
The post Sasol: Learnership Programme 2020 appeared first on Latest Jobs.