Discovery’s core purpose is to make people healthier and to enhance and protect their lives. We seek out and invest in exceptional individuals who understand and support our core purpose, and whose own values align with those of Discovery. Our fast-paced and dynamic environment enables smart, self-driven people to be their best. As global thought leaders, Discovery is passionate about innovating in order to not only achieve financial success, but to ignite positive and meaningful change within our society.
About the Area
People increasingly want to transact faster, on their terms, in fluid, and dynamic ways. Discovery Connect facilitates this need as a direct sales channel, leveraging the best of technology with the best in people. We are often a client’s first impression of Discovery so we must have the best Discovery ambassadors in our team. At the forefront of client acquisition methodology, Discovery Connect continues to be one of the fastest-growing divisions in the group. Representing all product lines (including Discovery Bank) there is an opportunity for forward thinkers, innovators, and people who thrive on complexity in a growing business.
Assisting clients with queries and servicing requests on their life policies with required SLA. Identifying sales opportunities.•Answering inbound calls timeously and making required outbound call
Managing all queries through to resolution
Co-ordination of own administration
Identifying sales opportunities
Maintaining accurate details and statistics of all queries
To lead, manage, and guide a team of administration/Conservations consultants to reach required targets. To facilitate any necessary course of action to achieve this purpose.
The successful candidate will be expected, but not limited to perform the following key outputs:
• Leading and managing a team of 10 – 12 administrative and Conservations consultants
• Performance Management, coaching, and developing team.
• Drive staff to achieve the required targets
• Assessment of consultant’s calls – QA.
• Assisting with interviews & Roleplays.
• Dealing with elevated queries/problems.
• Implement processes and design Standard Operating Procedures
• Ensuring continual communication between management and staff.
• Adhere to and enforce internal policies.
• Inspire, motivate, and support team.
• Able to work overtime from time to time, which may include weekends.
Personal attributes and skills
• Excellent verbal and numeric communication skills
• Quality driven
• Attention to detail
• Strong Interpersonal Skills
• Strong Leadership skills
• Problem-solving skills
• Decision-making skills
• Stress tolerance
• Excellent time management skills
• Organizational awareness
Ability to work within a team and drive team culture
Qualification & Experience
• Grade 12 – essential
• 5 years Administrative Team Leader experience – essential
• Proficient in English – essential (writing, reading, speaking)
• Bi-lingual – advantage (writing, reading, speaking)
• Computer literate – MS Office, especially Excel – essential
•Regularory Exam and FAIS credits required
•BCOMM or related degree will be advantageous
The Company’s approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process. As an Equal Opportunities employer, we actively encourage and welcome people with various disabilities to apply.