Anova Health | Senior Technical Advisor Ref No: GS/00017/20
Pretoria – Permanent
We are looking for an experienced strategic information analyst to analyze large complex health datasets and facilitate development and use of accurate easy to read performance dashboards using modern data science tools, techniques, and best practices.
The ideal person should be meticulous, detail-oriented and advanced analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy and to ensure its use within Departments of Health and District Support Partners.
The Senior Technical Advisor will collaborate with Departments of Health, program teams, technical advisors, data and public health teams to identify and create system performance insights and to facilitate its use. He/She will be seconded to the National Department of Health to Lead the Data and Analytics team of Operation Phuthuma, working closely with health programs, donor agencies and the HIV/AIDS cluster.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Data analytics and visualization (Insights)
- Provide analyses and visualizations (dashboards) that inform decision-makers.
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets using statistical techniques, with a focus on increasing health service efficiency.
- Data Use.
- Facilitate dissemination and use of dashboards by Departments of Health and Anova Team.
- Build client relationships and stakeholder management.
- Be a data expert, that builds credibility and confidence with clients and partners and illuminate the right data to move from what we think to what we know.
- Establish a reputation as a go-to research and analytics expert, build and grow relationships with internal stakeholders and clients to nurture existing business and develop new business opportunities.
- Research Consultant.
- Be a senior advisor to both internal stakeholders and external clients, define the optimal data analytics strategy implementation to advance client goals.
- Uncover insights, create narratives and communicate results to enable clients to achieve their business goals.
- Project management.
- Lead small to large projects and run them effectively, within timeframes and budget.
Essential Qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree. Master’s preferred.
- 5 – 10 years’ experience building dashboards and analyses with business intelligence tools (Tableau, PowerBi etc.).
- Experience in supporting government stakeholders with data analyses and use.
- Experience in interdisciplinary health services, operations, and/or implementation research.
- At least five (5) years’ experience providing short or long-term technical assistance in TB / HIV control in a national/international or resource-challenged setting.
- Knowledge of and familiarity with key international HIV/TB initiatives and organizations.
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and in teams.
Submit your CV and application letter to Gontse Simelane at [email protected]
Please specify the above position and reference number on the subject line for a quicker response. Good luck!
Closing date: 05 June 2020
JOBS FOR JUNE: