Discovery Compliance provides sound advice regarding legislation, regulation, industry standards, codes, guidelines and best practice to operational management/projects and business units through the application of Compliance Risk Management principles, policies, processes and procedures.
The success of Discovery is made possible by our great people. Our Compliance department is looking for a great person to join their team as an Anti-Money Laundering Compliance Manager to effectively and productively assist Discovery in managing its responsibility to comply with all the regulatory requirements and minimize the compliance risks identified in business. The Purpose of the role is to oversee Compliance Frameworks and managing compliance risks within specific business areas and management of staff.
Areas of responsibility may include but not limited to
- General staff management
- Prepare monthly reports for management
- Act as AML Compliance SME for multiple business units
- Identify, monitor, recommend controls and report on non-compliance
- Provide support to staff to ensure regulatory changes are catered for and implemented effectively as and when required
- Escalate queries or complaints/conflict resolution
NB: The role is not limited to the key outputs mentioned above
Personal Attributes and Skills
- Solid verbal & written communication
- Report writing (where applicable, including prescribed Regulatory reports)
- Computer literate
- Attention to detail
- Interpersonal skills
- Dispute resolution
- Relevant Regulatory interaction (where applicable)
Education and Experience
- AML specific qualifications / ACAMS
- 5+ years AML Compliance experience
- At least 2 years within Discovery to understand Product, Policies, Systems, Culture, Strategy, and to form relationships with key Stakeholders.
Fitness & Propriety
Candidates considered for employment are required to complete personal credential screening and assessments. Certain appointments may require additional Fitness and Propriety verification.
The Company’s approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process. As an Equal Opportunities employer, we actively encourage and welcome people with various disabilities to apply.