G4S DEPOSITA TECHNICIAN
G4S Deposita (SA), is sourcing for technicians based in various locations nationally.
Reporting to the Operations Support Manager, this role is responsible for installing, repair and maintaining ABM’s and docking stations.
The successful incumbent is a self-starter with a proven track record in maintaining company policy, adopting best practices, and is able to exercise sound judgement in the pursuit of the achievement of the goals of the organisation, and understanding the role which technical support plays within a successful business unit. The incumbent will be expected to be results driven and to live the values of the organisation.
Installations and Maintenance of ABM’s
- Install new ABM’s on customer premises
- De Install machines on Customer promises
- Maintain ABM’s and installing new modifications
- Provide training to the customer on installed ABM
- Assist technicians telephonically or physically to fix problems they are unable to
- Maintain and Install docking stations
Provide efficient customer service
- Collect faulty canisters from the cash centre for repair by the workshop
- Perform spot fixing on sites instead of swopping ABM’s
- Ensure that technical call-outs are attended to within the time limits of the SLA
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Grade 12
- 1 year technician experience
- Valid Drivers Licence
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes
- Customer Service and liaison
- Sale and Marketing
- Cash Operations
- Computer literacy
- Communication (written and verbal)
- Sharing and cooperating
- Customer Thinking
- Problem Solving
- Product and Technical Skills
- Work under pressure
- Dealing with changing circumstances
- Attention to detail
- Delivering great customer service
We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates, but SA citizens will have a distinct advantage
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
G4S is the world’s leading international security solutions group, which specialises in outsourced business processes in sectors where security and safety risks are considered a strategic threat. G4S is the largest employer quoted on the London Stock Exchange and has a secondary stock exchange listing in Copenhagen. G4S has operations in more than 125 countries and 657,000 employees.
G4S operates in over 25 countries in Africa and employs over 105 000 people on the continent. At G4S South Africa, our vision is to be recognised as the leader in providing security solutions. We therefore endeavour to build and maintain a motivated, capable workforce who are proud to work for our region and able to deliver our commercial strategy. We continue to build on the excellent people management practices which are in place across the Group in order to fully engage our workforce.
G4S is an organisation which is defined by its values, which are:
- We act with Integrity and Respect – Our business activities and relationships are built on trust, honesty and openness. We do what we promise and always strive to do the right thing. We listen. We treat our colleagues, customers and those in our care with the utmost respect.
- We are passionate about Safety, Security and Service Excellence – We are passionate about working safely and take great care to protect our colleagues and customers from harm. We are experts in security and use that knowledge to protect our customer’s assets. We keep our promises and are passionate about delivering high levels of customer service.
- We achieve this through Innovation and Teamwork – We invest in technology and best practice to continuously improve the products and services we offer. We challenge ourselves to find new ways of helping our customers achieve their goals. We work together as a team, valuing everyone’s contribution, to ensure we achieve the best results for our customers and our business.