Business Unit / Group Function:
Mokopane, South Africa
Experience / Work Type:
Entry Level / Permanent Employee
Closing Date: 25 June, 2020
Anglo American has a portfolio of world-class mining operations. We mine, process, move and market the essential ingredient that enable a clear, more connected world and that meet fast growing consumer-driven demands for products from smartphones to electric cars. Our basic materials build homes, offices, railways and airports, and our diamonds fulfill people’s dreams.
Our Platinum business mines, processes and refines the entire range of platinum group metals (PGMs): platinum, palladium, rhodium, ruthenium, iridium and osmium.
Be part of the team. The team that makes it happen.
The Truck Operator is responsible for effectively operating the Truck to transport and dump large loads according operational needs.
Your key responsibilities will include:
Effective Loading and Hauling Conduct pre-operational checks on truck to specified working procedures
- Attend the pre-shift line-up and complete daily pre-check inspection
- Report any defects observed to Dispatch Controller
- Refuel truck, top up oil and tyre pressures as required
- Log onto truck before operation activities commence
Complete load, haul and dump activities to required procedures
- Receives assignments via computer panel and follows instructions
- Maintain proper following distances and monitor condition of roads
- Instructs support crew as to needs and operates communication system to specification
- Tip load on dumps within demarcated areas
- Input all activities data into computer panel
- Parks and shuts down truck according to procedures
Operate communications systems to specification
- Communicates with other operators and supervisor via radio system to co-ordinate activities
- Utilise graphic console to obtain current assignments
- Continuously punch in shift data on graphic console
- Utilise VIMS to monitor any problems/pending problems in one or more of machine’s systems
Safety, Health and Environment
- Ensure trucks are operated according to safety and health specifications
- Identify and appoint spotter when required
- Constantly examine work and work environment for hazardous conditions
- Responds to or reports identified hazards
- Conducts all work activities according to safety specifications
- Ensure housekeeping standards are adhered to
- Maintain awareness of risk to other employees
- Participate in all safety related activities and attend required safety training
- Clean Cab after each shift
- Complete /support / supply accurate information
- Complete equipment / shift change checklists and distribute data correctly
- Communicate information to team / supervisor / dispatch on time and accurately
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- Haul truck certificate (Rigid dump truck)
- One-year Truck Operator experience
Knowledge and Skills:
- Valid driving licence code 08 or 14
What we offer
When you join Anglo American, you can expect to enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package. But more than this, you’ll find yourself in an environment where the opportunities to move onwards and upwards too. We’re a large, successful multinational company- and we’re still growing all the time.
Who we are
Anglo American is a global diversified mining business. Our portfolio of world-class mining operations provides the metals and minerals that make modern life possible. We use innovative practices and the latest technologies to discover new resources and mine, process, move and market our products to our customer around the world.
As a responsible miner- of diamond (through De Beers), copper, platinum and other precious metals, iron ore, coal and nickel – we are the custodian of what are precious natural resources. We work together with our key partners and stakeholders to unlock the sustainable value that those resources represent for our shareholders, the communities and countries in which we operator and for for society at large. Anglo American is re-imagining mining to improve people’s lives.
Inclusion and Diversity
Anglo American is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are and provide equal opportunity so that everyone can fulfil their potential.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our online application form. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV and other relevant documentation as part of this process.
The post De Beers Group: General Worker Opportunities appeared first on Latest Jobs.