Barloworld Logistics Africa
Isando, Gauteng, South Africa
The core purpose of the role is to execute strategic business plans for account retention and growth for the Supply Chain Solutions Business. The incumbent is responsible for solidifying partnerships with existing clients, employees and other key stakeholders, managing and retaining profitable and sustainable key accounts. Supporting new product & solution development and facilitating excellent customer service as a professional representative and brand ambassador for the Supply Chain Solution Business.
Distribution, Warehousing & Freight,Fmcg (Fast Moving Consumer Goods Sector),Freight / Shipping / Transport / Import / Export,Logistics,Sales,Supply Chain
1.Strategy and business results
a.Support the development of strategy by contributing customer knowledge expertise in the area of business targeted by the Supply Chain Solutions Business
b.Formulate tactical plans for the sales retention team to attain the business targets and ensure continued, sustainable and profitable revenue flow for the business.
c.Retain current business and generate new business opportunities within existing accounts.
d.Closely interact with other Barloworld sales and business development colleagues in order to leverage opportunities
a.Generate, produce and ensure implementation of account plans to grow the business, ensuring sustainable business performance.
b.Represent the company in negotiations to secure the most favorable contract terms.
c.Drive a culture of continuous innovation and improvement to ensure that the Supply Chain Solution business remain at the forefront of the industry.
d.Control proposals by ensuring that the scope of the proposal and client expectation is commensurate with the revenue earned – build accurate business cases and costing models and ensure accurate costing and pricing in proposals.
e.Manage the transition to new technologies in the market offering.
a.Establish and maintain effective formal and informal links with major customer stakeholders to cement sustainable relationships and ensure contractual KPIs are met as defined in the Sales Standard Operating Procedure.
b.Engage with and retain relationships with current associated stakeholders in government departments and agencies, local authorities, other key decision-makers to ensure that the Business is providing the appropriate range and quality of services.
c.Be the link between the technical delivery team and the current client expectation – ensure that there is consistency between the sales promise and execution delivery
d.Manage, maintain, retain and grow client relationships as per the Sales Standard Operating Procedure and pro-actively seek ways to foster client satisfaction.
4.Own the end to end sales process
a.Manage the extension sales pipeline from opportunity identification, through proposal, to closing of deal
b.Administer business opportunities in the Customer Relationship Management Tool
c.Responsible for communication and feedback on sales to the National Sales Manager and the team
d.Manage end to end RFQ/RFP/RFI processes
e.Prepare excellent proposals and present complex value opportunities to existing clients at senior levels
f.Develop networks and contacts at the appropriate level
g.Effectively communicate with clients, National Sales Manager, team members and stakeholders at all stages of the sales development cycle
h.Strengthen the retention process by involving the National Sales Manager and technical experts at the appropriate time in the sales cycle
i.Ensure customers are paying within their agreed credit terms.
j.Manage the contractual aspects of sales with the legal team (NDA’s, contracts, terms and conditions) as and when required.
a.Manage extension business performance and reporting.
b.Monitor delivery to ensure that budget targets are met, that revenue flows are maximized and that fixed costs are minimized.
6.Talent Management and employee performance
a.Direct and control workforce planning of the sales retention team by championing an effective talent strategy.
b.Implement an integrated performance optimization process to drive performance excellence through the sales retention team and not own performance.
c.Drive a climate and culture of high performance and employee engagement, in line with Barloworld’s employee value proposition.
d.Manage, develop and coach own team.
- Tertiary qualification in business or freight forwarding / transport / logistics / supply chain management
- INCO Terms Course
- B. Com Marketing / Sales degree or diploma/ Advanced Management Programme/ Negotiation programme/Finance for non-financial managers
- 5-7 years Freight Forwarding, Clearing, Sales and Customer Retention and Contract logistics experience (at least 3 years)
- Proven track record of retaining high value contracts
- International trade exposure with proven track record of understanding market trends and applying product knowledge
- Full operational exposure/experience across the business
- Finance and insurance risk compliance
- Demonstrated commercial and business acumen
- Negotiating and influencing at Executive Manager Level
- Supply Chain Management exposure (end to end)
- Good understanding of INCO terms (risk, commercial side)
- Above average level of knowledge of Customs formalities, Port Infrastructure and Air, Sea and Road regulations, including cross-border
- Sound knowledge of guidelines, and requirements to develop and submit solutions
- Sound knowledge of Costing Models, Finance and Insurance
- Compiling SOP’s and SLA’s
- Drawing up of contractual agreements
- Knowledge of the RFP process and general customer proposals compilation and submission process
- Highly developed communication skills to sell, negotiate, influence, present at multiple business levels
- Excellent interpersonal skills to network and handle conflict, including sensitivity to diversity
- Strong ability to interpret numerical information
- Sound critical thinking skills to analyse and diagnose requirements or problems, develop integrated solutions and solve relatively complex problems
- Ability to memorise and recollect information
- Computer, technology and systems skills – Excellent knowledge of MS Office suite and the CRM tool
- Sound Emotional Intelligence Skills
- Understanding of Warehouse and Operational Management principles
- Strong drive to growing the business
- Customer centricity and focus
- Commitment to behaving correctly & ethically
- Focus on convincing and persuading
- Focus on getting things done, including managing and achieving tight deadlines
- Remain resilient with stress, pressure, stringent timelines and multi-tasking
- Orientation towards growing & nurturing relationships
- Preference for making contact with others
- Readiness to make and own decisions
- Concern for communicating clearly and effectively
- Preference for team working
- Enthusiasm for learning, sharing and growing
- Strong inclination for change agility
- Maintaining energy levels
- Commitment to maintain business awareness
- Focus on innovating and solution development
Submit CV Here
The post Barloworld Logistics:General Worker Opportunities appeared first on Online Jobs.