Business Unit / Group Function:
Managed Operations – South African Mining
Legal & CosSec
Musina, South Africa
Experience / Work Type:
Associate / Permanent Employee
26 June, 2020
Closing Date: 26 June, 2020
Protect a national treasure
You have the experience and attention to detail to manage diverse teams protecting our people and our site: South Africa’s most valuable diamond mine and currently one of its biggest infrastructure projects. You’ll need to remain calm under pressure and communicate well at all levels.
We can offer you a role in a global business with a fascinating product and an innovative mindset. Come and join us.
We’re the world’s leading diamond company – a unique luxury business that thrives on the creativity, passion and knowledge of our people.
To push our company forwards, we always need to think differently. We welcome people who think rigorously and aren’t afraid to challenge assumptions.
In return, we provide a world-class working environment with generous financial and personalised work-life benefits as well as training and opportunities to bring out the best in you.
You will be responsible for the identification and prioritization of threats to the operations’ well-being and protection of its assets (i.e. product, diamonds, information and other assets). This will involve you creating, implementing and enforcing Security protocols that everyone must follow. You will also ensure that security systems, policies and procedures comply with De Beers Managed Operations standards and relevant government legislation.
Your role will:
- Manage and control the security budget
- Manage contract service level agreements
- Implement controls which will lead to the prevention and detection of irregularities with respect to:
- Process Formulation and Value Creation
- Stakeholder Relationships
- Operational Risk and Assurance
- Mine Access
- Mine Freight
- Aerodrome and Perimeter Fencing
- Ensure effective utilisation of security systems.
- Develop and maintain internal and external networks and contacts
- Management of team
- Bachelor’s degree/B Tech Security Management or equivalent related to Risk Management
- Valid Code 08/EB Driver’s License.
- Advanced Computer skills
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience
- Experience at Security Supervisor / middle management or equivalent environment with exposure in security risk management (Investigation/ Crime Information analysis/Intelligence/ and or Surveillance.)
- SAPS firearm competency.
- Registered with PSIRA Grade A.
- Knowledge of Voluntary Principles in Security Human Rights.
- Knowledge and application of industry legislation, i.e. Diamond Act, Criminal Procedure Act, etc.
- Strong communication and coordination skills.
Who we are:
De Beers Group Managed Operations Business integrates mines, operations and support functions in the De Beers Group producer countries of Canada and South Africa to shape a safe, sustainable future for De Beers Group’s people, shareholders, communities and partners.
Safety first is a way of life for us. We are unconditional about the safety, health and well-being of our colleagues, at work and at home, and about that of the communities where we work. We aim to lead the industry by investing in innovation to protect people, who are at the heart of our business. Our high performing teams take accountability for their own and others’ actions, work collaboratively, and always show care and respect.
Inclusion & Diversity
We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are. We provide equality of opportunity to enable everyone to fulfil their potential.
Apply On Company Site
The post De beers Group : General Workers Opportunities appeared first on Online Jobs.