MAIN JOB PURPOSE:
To ensure that engineering services are provided to facilitate efficient plant functioning and to achieve factory performance targets.
- SHE: Interprets relevant laws to ensure that standards and laws are implemented and adhered to
- Investigates accidents and incidents and draws up reports
- Budget: Accountable for cost estimations and budget proposals
- Responsible for the control and execution of work against a budget and authorizations within authority limits
- Is responsible for ensuring capitalization of the whole project (mechanical, electrical etc.)
- Specifies scope of work and ensures projects remain within budget
- Obtains quotes for projects and raises the budget to deliver agreed maintenance/continuous improvement
- Raises MMI project (miscellaneous minor items)
- Manages capital budgets by designing, implementing and commissioning the project and allocating budget and resource accordingly
- Projects: Responsible for the design, implementation, commissioning and hand over of projects within own area of responsibility, with emphasis on the implementation of respective engineering discipline
- Is responsible for the writing up and training of SOP’s
- Provides respective discipline input in multi-disciplinary projects (mechanical/ civil/ electrical).
- Draws up buying contracts, technical specifications and outlines scope of work
- Factory Support: Identifies recurring production process problems and develops trouble shooting routines for the Production Department
- Proposes operating instructions for plant operators (manuals & SOP’s) and trains the departmental trainers and operators in the use of modified plant processes
- Conducts Process Optimization by identifying areas of improvement and recommend change in processes (e.g. waste minimization, energy utilization, etc.)
- Implements cost effectiveness programmes
- Continuous Improvement: Makes recommendations and actions improvements within specific area of responsibility
- Designs out recurring engineering problems to prevent breakdown into the future
- Investigates, analyses and actions solutions to relevant problems identified
- Responsible for the development and implementation of maintenance procedures and standards by sourcing and evaluating materials
- Engineering (Chemical/ Mechanical/ Electrical) Degree: BTech (GMr)/ BSc (Eng)/BEng
- 5 years engineering experience preferably in FMCG, / Manufacturing/ Production/ Automotive/ Design/ Consulting industries
- Knowledge of Maintenance Strategies and World Class Manufacturing principles
- Understanding of OSH Act
- Project Management skills
- Knowledge of Excel, MS Projects, Project Schedule, SAP (Plant Maintenance and Purchasing), e-mail and spreadsheets
- Problem Solving skills
CLOSING DATE: Tuesday, 7 July 2020
Online Application >> Online Digital Interview >> Face to Face Interview >> Job Offer.
Please note: As part of the job application, you will be asked to complete a brief online application form. Completion of the form is required to be considered. Your application status should read “Application Completed”.
Please allow yourself enough time to complete the application form as when filled out partially or not at all it may adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have to complete the form at once as you will be unable to return to it later.
Unilever is an equal opportunities employer and committed to diversity and inclusivity in the workplace. We are intentional in employing the best talent that reflect the demographics of our country. We therefore invite applications from all candidates representing diversity of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. When appointing potential candidates, the South African Employment Equity and Broad Based Black Economic Empowerment Legislation will be considered.
We are required by law to verify your ability to work lawfully in South Africa. If you are applying as a Foreign National, please note that you may be requested to provide supporting documents supporting this.
The post Artisans Assistant-2020 At Unilever appeared first on Online Jobs.