||( Tygerburger 8/7/2020, PSVC 17/2020)
||Department of Health
Institution: Tygerberg Hospital, Parow Valley
- 13th cheque, employer’s contribution to the pension fund, housing and medical aid allowance.
- Basic numeracy and literacy skills.
- Appropriate experience in a large-scale Industrial Food Service Unit.
Inherent requirements of the job:
- Willingness to work shifts, weekends and public holidays.
- Ability to work in large scale freezers and cold rooms.
- Physically strong to lift heavy objects and be on their feet the entire day.
- Ability to function in a group and to work under pressure.
- Ability to prepare food according to standardised recipes.
- Knowledge of National Food Service Guidelines.
- Knowledge of basic cleaning and maintenance of equipment.
- Ability to read, speak and write in at least two of the three official languages of the Western Cape.
Duties (key result areas/outputs):
- Prepare, dish up and serve food for normal and special diets.
- Assist with the receipt, storage and stock control of food supplies.
- Follow and maintain hygiene and safety directives including the use of apparatus and equipment, washing of crockery and cooking utensils.
- Assist with the informal in-service training of new employees.
- Attend prescribed training courses.
Note: No payment of any kind is required when applying for this post.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS: Z83 forms (obtainable from any Government department or www.westerncape.gov.za) must: Be completed in full, clearly reflect the name of the position, name and date of the publication (candidates may use this as reference), be signed, accompanied by a comprehensive CV, the names of 3 referees and certified copies of ID, driver’s licence and qualification/s. A separate application form must be completed for each post. Applications without the afore-mentioned will not be considered. Applications must be forwarded to the address as indicated on the advertisement. No late, faxed or e-mailed applications will be accepted. CV’s will not be returned. Excess personnel will receive preference. Applications, which are received after the closing date, will not be considered. Further communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates. If you have not received a response from the Department within 3 months of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful. It will be expected of candidates to be available for selection interviews on a date, time and place as determined by the Department.
As directed by the Department of Public Service & Administration, applicants must note that further checks will be conducted once they are shortlisted and that their appointment is subject to positive outcomes on these checks, which include security clearance, qualification verification, criminal records, credit records and previous employment.
The Department of Health is guided by the principles of Employment Equity. Candidates with a disability are encouraged to apply and an indication in this regard will be appreciated. (Tygerburger 8/7/2020, PSVC 17/2020)
||R 102 534 per annum
||The Chief Executive Officer
Private Bag X3, Tygerberg, 7505.
(For the Attention: Mrs VG De Jager)
||24 July 2020
||Ms R Keyser
Tel: (021) 938-4135
||See HOW TO APPLY for directions on applying for this job >
Click to Download Application Form
The post Dept of Health: Jobs for Unemployed People with Grade 10 or 12 appeared first on Latest Jobs.