PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To execute the safe and cost-effective execution of surveying product stockpiles in the Samancor Chrome group.
BALANCED SCORECARD PILLARS, ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
SAFETY, HEALTH, ENVIRONMENT AND QUALITY
- Identify and assess level of issue based risk exposures in area of responsibility by considering exposures to business, financial, legal issues, people, equipment, material, environment, processes, etc.
- Consider the level of risk, apply mitigation and implement control measures for residual risk (set objectives, minimum requirements, etc.)
- Manage SHEQ compliance within the Section through effective use of the Toolbox
- Utilise the Information Management System (IMS) to initiate, investigate and report SHEQ status
Manage the Section:
- Ensure an enabling climate/culture
- Manage labour stability by minimising labour turnover
- Labour complement in line with budget
- Achieve HDSA/Female targets for the Section
- Manage performance against set targets and competencies
- Ensure IDP’s are linked to performance results and implemented as per plan
- Conduct career discussions and implement actions with all identified talent (quarterly)
- Ensure discipline is maintained (absenteeism, lateness, overtime, misconduct, etc.)
- Coach and counsel people to ensure improved performance levels
- Conduct recruitment interviews
- Ensure Customer Satisfaction
- Develop and implement policies and procedures for surveying of products stockpiles in the group.
- Conduct surveying of products stockpiles in the group in line with the professional norms and standards using industry standards, methods and techniques
- Topographic surveying of land and stockpiles
- Computation of the Volumes of Stockpiles of Bulk Material by Means of UAV Photogrammetric Surveying
- Prepare comprehensive and accurate reports
- Surveying land to support a variety of activities and establish legal property boundaries.
- Manage Continuous Improvement through Operational Excellence
- BSc Degree or National Diploma in Surveying
- 6 years’ relevant experience, preferably 2 years’ managerial experience
- Registered with SAGC
- Extensive surveying experience in a mining/smelting environment
Closing Date: 10 July 2020
The post Samancor: General Worker Positions appeared first on Online Jobs.