Inclusive, supportive and innovative – come and be part of our brilliant future at Venetia, South Africa’s most valuable diamond mine. As we develop the mine underground, it is also one of the largest infrastructure projects in the country.As an Artisan Rigger you will be responsible to maintain equipment according to sound engineering practice and equipment specifications, as well as conducting any rigging task as might be required within any section of the underground including surface. Maintain, install and commissioning of the machinery and equipment to an agreed standard in the area of responsibility
Our dedication to quality and high performance extends to our workforce, so we seek talented, ambitious people who will thrive in an environment which fosters individuality, inclusivity and creativity. If you like the idea of challenging and stimulating work in a diverse team, we’d like to hear from you.
- Plan activities in accordance with production schedules and allocate resources as required
- Attend to breakdowns and emergencies as required
- Inspect, diagnose and perform trade-related maintenance
- Maintain lifting equipment (Incl. winder ropes and attachments as may be required)
- Perform rigging and heavy lifting work diverse settings
- Exercise judgment with regards to replacement of components
- Work in Sequence that prioritises work requirements
- Conducts and participate in Risk assessments
- Communicate process information and changes to relevant stakeholder to minimise production delays
- Ensure proper and adequate on the job training and coaching is provided to subordinates
- Grade 12 / Std 10 / relevant National NQF4 level qualification, with Mathematics and Physical Science
- Relevant Trade Certificate (Rigging)
- Valid driver’s License code B
- Medical Certificate of Fitness to work underground which would include Heat Tolerance Testing
- The post is dependent on the successful completion of the Company’s pre-employment protocol such as qualifications verification, relevant psychometric assessments and a clear security clearance
Role-specific knowledge and experience:
- Previous Rigging experience essential of which a minimum of 2 years should have been in an underground mine
- Experience in double drum winders and splicing steel ropes would be advantageous
- General mining rigging experience
- Be prepared to work shifts, do standby duties, call-outs, and work overtime
- May be required to rotate to the Shafts and Winders section to meet operational requirements
Who we are:
De Beers Group is a company with a rich history and a sparkling future.
Since 1888 our experts have searched the world for nature’s most precious gem. Our diamonds bring beauty to the world. But we think they can do so much more. We want our diamonds, and our business, to make life brilliant – for our people, our customers and the world around us.
Venetia Mine is part of De Beers Group Managed Operations Business which integrates mines, operations and support functions in the De Beers Group producer countries of Canada and South Africa to shape a safe, sustainable future for De Beers Group’s people, shareholders, communities and partners.
Safety first is a way of life for us. We are unconditional about the safety, health and well-being of our colleagues, at work and at home, and about that of the communities where we work. We aim to lead the industry by investing in innovation to protect people, who are at the heart of our business. Our high performing teams take accountability for their own and others’ actions, work collaboratively, and always show care and respect.
Inclusion & Diversity
We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are. We provide equality of opportunity to enable everyone to fulfil their potential.
How to Apply
- For all internal applicants, you are required to complete an internal application form and attach detailed CV. This form must be accompanied with a signature from your immediate line manager and Head of Department, failure to do so would render your application invalid.
- Preference will be given to Venetia employees who meet the criteria.
- Submit applications on or before the closing date to: https://www.angloamerican.com/careers/job-opportunities
Please note that due to the current phase of the project, the commencement date for this role will be 01 November 2020. The recruitment cycle will align accordingly.
CLOSING DATE: 28 July 2020
The post De Beers: Apprenticeships 2020 / 2021 appeared first on Latest Jobs.