Danone Southern Africa (Pty), a subsidiary of Danone, is looking for JUNIOR BUSINESS CONTROLLER: INDUSTRIAL South Africa (ZA) Johannesburg Danone is a global food company holding top positions in healthy food through its four businesses: Fresh Dairy Products, Early Life Nutrition, Waters, and Medical Nutrition. Its mission, bringing health through food to as many people as possible, embodies commitment to human progress and business success. It gives meaning to the work of our 100,000 Danoners worldwide on an everyday basis. For passionate people looking for autonomy and exciting career opportunities, Danone truly has something special inside!
JOB PURPOSE: To assume financial responsibilities for the Danone Factory. The Industrial Controller will be a key member of the management team actively involved in steering financial growth and stability by maintaining records and forecasting activities in the areas of expenses and plant operations. Will also lead and support Corporate governance in the plant.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Support and challenge the Danone factory in a financial view
- Month end closing supervision for the factory
- Working as part of the factory management team to ensure that it delivers its financial targets and that all financial issues and risks are quickly identified and addressed
- Monitor and manage the manufacturing accounting systems and related policy and procedures. This includes the setting of standard costs, variance analysis, inventory accuracy, internal controls, ERP system integrity, etc
- Provide leadership in driving the plant’s financial results including monitoring and assessing the plant’s performance improvement plans.
- Participate in the ongoing business management by providing counsel to the plant manager and other business managers relating to total plant cost controls and improvement activities
- Manage and execute special projects as assigned by the Operations Financial Controller and/or Plant Manager
Financial Planning and Budgeting
- Financial follow-up of the factory (costs, productivity, performance …)
- Build factory budget/estimates
- Monitor the factory performance vs budget / YA
- Critical evaluation of capital expenditure for the business including viability of spend, actual spend vs. budget management and post-evaluation assessment.
- Budgeting and reporting against budgeted results
- Manage job costing and profitability
- Support Annual external audit preparation as well internal audits
- To ensure the integrity of Financial reporting of Industrial site
- Analyze the financial impact of different strategies
- Support plant in all financial activities, including insightful evaluation and reporting; actual results and KPI reporting; forecasting and budgeting; project evaluation; cost control and document flow
- Directing and assisting plant personnel to count and reconcile periodic inventories
- Direct and assist in the weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reporting requirements including related financial analysis. This includes the annual budget, forecasts, and management reporting
- Ensuring that CBU and Group are supplied with timely and accurate financial information
- Drive Corporate governance on site
- Strengthen and support the control environment and compliance activities to safeguard the plant assets. Ensure the implementation of the financial policies and procedures of the corporation
- Develop strong working relationships with staff, peers, and senior management
Leadership and Management
- To lead and support the Site team with financial reporting and corporate governance
ACADEMIC AND TRADE QUALIFICATIONS:
- B Comm and minimum 3 years relevant experience in FMCG environment
WORK EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Good communication skills (verbal as well as written) as well as influencing skills
- Ability to manage people and their expectations.
- Sound computer literacy
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Willingness to learn
- Strong financial acumen with ability to assess the financial implications of decisions
- Strong Analytical, interpretative and investigative skills
- Information System oriented
- Drive and ambition
PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS AND BEHAVIOURAL TRAITS:
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- High levels of integrity
- High levels of resilience
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment
- Ability to identify and solve problems
- Ability to collect, analyse and critically evaluate information
- Accounting & Financial Analysis
- Process Governance & Excellence
- Legal & Tax
- Treasury & Financing
- Information Systems
- Planning & Controlling
- Decision Support
- Project Management & Performance Indicators
- Value Creation & Cash-flow
For more information about Danone, its people and its business, please visit danone.com We have something special inside, do you?
The post Danone: General Worker Vacancies appeared first on Online Jobs.