Inclusive, supportive and innovative – come and be part of our bright future at Venetia South Africa’s most valuable diamond mine is currently being developed underground. This opportunity allows you to be part of one of the largest infrastructure projects in the country.
As an Artisan – Diesel Mechanic (Lead), you will be responsible for planning and implementing the maintenance schedules required for the efficient and optimal operation of underground mining equipment and systems according to sound engineering practice and equipment specifications.
Our dedication to quality and high performance extends to our workforce, so we seek talented, ambitious people who will thrive in an environment which fosters individuality, inclusivity and creativity. If you like the idea of challenging and stimulating work in a diverse team, we’d like to hear from you.
Your role will include:
- Responsible for service and maintenance of all vehicles brought to the underground engineering workshop.
- Fault finding
- Be innovate and a self-starter
- Maintain good maintenance standards on underground out-bye equipment.
- Rapid response to repairs on Diesel equipment
- Ensure MHSA, safety and environmental standards and procedures are always maintained and complied with
- Manage subordinates and equipment in designated area of responsibility
- Be able to read engineering drawings and do fault finding
- Maintain good housekeeping in the area of responsibility
- Adherence to policies and procedures.
- Effective communication to relevant stakeholder to minimize production delays.
- Upholding of safety, health and environmental standards to achieve ZERO HARM.
- Training and development of subordinates.
- Grade 12 / Std. 10 / relevant National NQF4 level qualification, with Mathematics and Physical Science
- Relevant Trade Certificate (Diesel Mechanic)
- Computer literacy – MS Office Suite (Word/Excel/ Outlook)
- Medical Certificate of Fitness to work underground
Role Specific knowledge and experience:
- 3+ Years continuous experience as a Diesel Mechanic in an Underground Mining Environment and supervisory essential
- Mining equipment experience essential
- Computer Literacy – MS Office Suite (Word/Excel/Outlook)
- Experience on the maintenance and repairs of underground TMM i.e. LHD’s, UHT’s, Drill rigs, Support machines
De Beers Group Managed Operations Business integrates mines, operations and support functions in the De Beers Group producer countries of Canada and South Africa to shape a safe, sustainable future for De Beers Group’s people, shareholders, communities and partners.
Safety first is a way of life for us. We are unconditional about the safety, health and well-being of our colleagues, at work and at home, and about that of the communities where we work. We aim to lead the industry by investing in innovation to protect people, who are at the heart of our business. Our high performing teams take accountability for their own and others’ actions, work collaboratively, and always show care and respect.
We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are. We provide equality of opportunity to enable everyone to fulfil their potential.
The post De Beers: Artisan Assistant -July 2020 appeared first on Online Jobs.