About the South African National Roads Agency Limited (SANRAL)
SANRAL is a statutory company that functions within the parameters of the South African National Roads Agency Limited and National Roads Act of 1998. The company’s core responsibility is meeting the country’s demand for road infrastructure while maintaining that which already exists.
The company takes its environmental responsibility seriously, factoring sustainability and eco-friendly approaches to roadbuilding into its plans. Since its inception, SANRAL has played a critical role in relieving congestion in South Africa’s major cities and expanding existing freeway routes, such as the N1 and N3, to meet growing demand. The company prides itself in investing in human capital through assisting tertiary institution students financially.
SANRAL Scholarship 2021
The SANRAL scholarship is for High School students who perform substantially well in their academics. Interested students don’t have to have an exact career path in mind. The scholarship covers
- Full school fees
- Boarding expenses (if needed)
- Sports uniforms (one set)
- Summer uniforms
- Winter uniforms
SANRAL Scholarship 2021 Requirements and Eligibility
The scholarship is for applicants on the basis of their financial situation and academic abilities. SANRAL places more preference for those who study in rural schools. Aside from this, interested applicants must satisfy the following requirements:
- Must have a 70% to 75% grade in math or higher.
- Must have a 70% to 75% grade in physical science or higher.
- Must have a 65% grade in English or higher.
- Must have an overall average of 75% or higher.
- Must be a citizen of South Africa.
- Must be financially needy.
How to Apply and Application Details
Download the application form and accomplish it. Interested students may send their application by post or hand-deliver it together with these documents.
- Letters of motivation that explains why the applicant deserves and needs the scholarship. These letters will come from the applicant’s parents, from the applicant (two pages only), and from their school.
- A certified copy of the applicant’s school results for the month of June.
- A certified copy of an ID document or a birth certificate.
- Certified copies of the ID documents of the applicant’s parents.
- Proof of residence in the form of an electricity or water bill.
- Proof of income of the applicant’s parents or a sworn affidavit that states the income of the applicant’s parents.
The address to send these documents to is:
Ms. Heidi Harper
c/o Gina Sentletse
Corporate Services Executive
The South African National Roads Agency SOC LTD Scholarship
Private Bag X17
30 September 2020
Address: 48 Tambotie Avenue, Val De Grace, Pretoria
Telephone Number: 012 844 8000
E-mail: [email protected]
The post SANRAL Scholarship 2021 appeared first on All Bursaries South Africa.