Business Unit / Group Function: Managed Operations – South African Mining
Location: Musina, South Africa
Experience / Work Type: Entry Level / Permanent Employee
Closing Date: 28 July, 2020
Inclusive, supportive and innovative – come and be part of our brilliant future at Venetia! South Africa’s most valuable diamond mine is currently being developed underground. This opportunity allows you to be part of one of the largest infrastructure projects in the country.
As an Artisan Electrician (Urgent Works), you will be responsible for all technical work required for the installation, maintenance and repairs of mechanical and electrical installations, equipment and systems according to sound engineering practice and equipment and installations specification.
Our dedication to quality and high performance extends to our workforce, so we seek talented, ambitious people who will thrive in an environment which fosters individuality, inclusivity and creativity. If you like the idea of challenging and stimulating work in a diverse team, we’d like to hear from you.
- Perform and/or co-ordinate planned electrical preventative maintenance.
- Perform fault finding and ensure the timely repairs and availability of equipment
- Installation and replacement of electrical equipment.
- Maintenance and repairs of all electrical equipment
- Identify and implement service delivery improvement opportunities.
- Perform Inspections in accordance the Mine Health & Safety Act regulations, manufacturing and company standards to report all defects and breakdowns on equipment and machinery to the Supervisor
- Planning of activities in accordance with production schedules and allocation of resources as required
- Effective communication to relevant stakeholders to minimize production delays
- Grade 12 / Std 10 / relevant National NQF4 level qualification, with Mathematics and Physical Science
- Relevant Trade Certificate (Electrical)
- Valid EB/Code 8 Driver’s License
- Computer literacy – Ms Office Suite (Word/Excel/Power Point/ Outlook)
- Medical Certificate of Fitness to work underground which would include Heat Tolerance Testing
- The post is dependent on the successful completion of the Company’s pre-employment protocol such as qualifications verification, relevant psychometric assessments and a clear security clearance
Role Specific Knowledge and Experience
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years previous experience in a mine support service infrastructure of which 3 years should have been in an underground mine
- Mining equipment experience essential
- Sound knowledge of electrical equipment
- The jobholder needs a thorough understanding of maintenance principles.
- Optimize the machinery performance
- Maintenance on UG drilling and bolters will be advantageous
- Willingness and ability to work shifts, do standby duties, call-outs, and work overtime as per what the role will require
Who we are
De Beers Group is a company with a rich history and a sparkling future.
Since 1888 our experts have searched the world for nature’s most precious gem. Our diamonds bring beauty to the world. But we think they can do so much more. We want our diamonds, and our business, to make life brilliant – for our people, our customers and the world around us.
Venetia Mine is part of De Beers Group Managed Operations Business which integrates mines, operations and support functions in the De Beers Group producer countries of Canada and South Africa to shape a safe, sustainable future for De Beers Group’s people, shareholders, communities and partners.
Safety first is a way of life for us. We are unconditional about the safety, health and well-being of our colleagues, at work and at home, and about that of the communities where we work. We aim to lead the industry by investing in innovation to protect people, who are at the heart of our business. Our high performing teams take accountability for their own and others’ actions, work collaboratively, and always show care and respect.
Inclusion & Diversity
We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are. We provide equality of opportunity to enable everyone to fulfil their potential.
How to Apply
- For all internal applicants, you are required to complete an internal application form and attach detailed CV. This form must be accompanied with a signature from your immediate line manager and Head of Department, failure to do so would render your application invalid.
- Preference will be given to Venetia employees who meet the criteria.
- Submit applications on or before the closing date to: https://www.angloamerican.com/careers/job-opportunities
Please note that due to the current phase of the project, the commencement date for this role will be 01 November 2020. The recruitment cycle will align accordingly.
CLOSING DATE: 28 July 2020
The post Apprenticeships 2020 / 2021 At De Beers appeared first on Latest Jobs.