||Johannesburg, South Africa
||3 to 5 years
- Diesel Mechanics
The Engineering Department in Gauteng has a vacancy for a hardworking, dedicated Diesel Mechanic to join their team. Our comprehensive in-house technical facilities, staffed by qualified Engineers and Artisans, are responsible for our machines and equipment. The successful candidate will report to the Engineering Manager.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Quality control of repairs to equipment
- Attending breakdowns
- Hydraulic and mechanical fault finding on equipment
- Monitor and instruct outside service providers performing repairs and services.
- Carry out routine inspections on machines.
- Do planned and unplanned maintenance on machines
- Do repairs on Mobile and Stationary machines
- Commission machine after service provider repair work done
- Detect Mechanical and Electrical Faults on equipment
- Repairs and maintains Diesel and Electrical Powered equipment
- Follows work assignments received in the form of verbal or written work instructions
- Determines the extent of the needed repair
- Performs checks on a regular basis and detects possible faults and flaws on affected equipment
- Improvises necessary solutions as and when needed
- Travels from one site to another often in remote areas and unusual work hours
- Report to engineering office and works hand in hand with on-site mechanics.
- A Red Seal or equivalent qualification for Earth Moving Equipment and/or Industrial Machinery.
- Minimum of 5 years post qualification working experience.
- Applicants with Industrial Diesel engine, and/or Earth moving equipment, and/ or Industrial machinery experience, will be preferred.
- A valid code 14 license with a minimum of 3 years code 14 driving experience.
- Ability to work in challenging conditions
- Ability to communicate on all levels
- Be deadline driven
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Have a valid code 8 driver’s license
- Self-motivated and results orientated
- Must have sober habits
- Enjoy practical and manual work & be able to work in a pressurized environment
- Physically fit
- Attention to detail
- Willingness to work overtime when required
- Sound understanding of an array of tools and technical equipment
SA Metal Group is South Africa’s oldest and largest metal recycling company, and proudly turns 101 years old in 2020. The Group purchases and processes all forms of ferrous metals (steel and others) and non-ferrous metals (aluminium, copper and others) from industrial enterprises, scrap metal dealers and private individuals. Our processing facilities are located in and around Cape Town, Johannesburg and Pretoria. More information can be found on our website, www.sametal.co.za
The post SA Metal Group: Engineering Artisan Assistant-2020 appeared first on Online Jobs.