Company: Rainbow health recruitment
Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
based in Gauteng and the North West. As your potential Employer, we strive to ensure that your time with us will be fulfilling, productive and successful. TAC – Pulse ERS is committed to establishing clear, practical, and legal rules and procedures to govern its offices and to manage its staff. Should you be selected for a position with TAC Pulse ERS, you will be joining a dynamic team of paramedics, whose mission is to develop a skilled emergency response workforce and to save lives.
The ECT Paramedic will supervise operations under the direction of the Advance Life Support (ECP) Paramedic. Establish, implement, update, train, and enforce medical clinic procedures within the scope of application protocols.
Responsibilities and Duties
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assist the ALS Paramedic in developing and monitoring Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for our unique emergency operational environment.
• Driving (Responding) and staffing ambulances and other emergency vehicles.
• Assessing patients, providing emergency treatment and making diagnoses within scope of practice. Transporting patients to a hospital and continuing to provide treatment while in transit. Providing hospital staff with patient information including condition and treatment.
• Conducts medical training for all personnel (Permanent, Volunteer or Contractual).
• Responsible for protection of company resources, medical supplies, and equipment.
• Responsible for stock issuance and overall control.
• Monitors medical issues and trending emergencies in Wolmaransstad and surrounding areas to ensure personnel is apprised of current medical threats and aware of preventative measures and risks.
• Keeps management informed of any health or operational related issues.
• Manages daily activities of BAA and AEA staff members to ensure effective efficiencies in compliance with contractual and legal requirements.
• Reviews Electronic Medical Reporting forms or Paper Medical Reporting Forms at for proper documentation.
• Provides feedback to the assigned BAA and AEA medics on the improvement of their skills and understanding of the SOP’s.
• Ensures that all Patient Report Forms (PRFs) are completed correctly and up to standard.
• Participates in marketing activities.
OTHER or ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES
• Submits reports to the ALS Paramedic as directed.
• Effectively communicates and makes prompt and accurate decisions to help achieve TAC-Pulse ERS goals.
• Develops and maintains positive relationships with internal and external customers.
• Facilitates the collection of all reports, medical records, and other forms and perform initial quality assurance review.
• Responsible for administering disciplinary actions in accordance with senior management.
• Provides training to subordinates.
• May be required to fill in for ALS Paramedic during his/her absence.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE, QUALIFICATIONS, and SKILLS
• Good communication skills are a must.
• Ability to read and interpret all required documents and write required reports and correspondence.
• Comprehensive understanding of emergency medicine.
• Knowledgeable in emergency rescue and stabilization.
• Must have extensive personnel management skills.
• Have an in-depth knowledge of life-saving Medical procedures.
• Have knowledge of intermediate cardiology, to include the operation of Defibrillator equipment, accurate reading and diagnosis of cardiac strips, and ALS algorithms with appropriate drug treatment protocol.
• Be knowledgeable of Intermediate / Pre-Hospital Trauma Care, to include immediate assessment and treatment of any traumatic life-threatening injury, IV therapy, and ECG monitoring.
• Have knowledge of general sick call procedures.
• Inventory management skills are required.
• Emergency Care Technician certified and current for the duration of your employment.
• Pre-hospital Trauma Life Support (PHTLS) certified an advantage.
• Current National Emergency Care Technician Certification or military medical 18D equivalent Certification.
• Certification must be current with all applicable education/recertification requirements completed.
• Minimum 1 years experience in the medical field as an Emergency Care Technician.
• 2 years supervisory experience.
• Licensure must be current with all applicable education/recertification requirements completed
• Previous instructors experience an advantage.
• Must possess and maintain a valid Code 10 & PrDP.
South African Police Clearance
• Must have a valid SAPS clearance certificate or be able to obtain one within four weeks of initial employment start date. The certificate must have been issued within the last 6 months. SAPS clearance certificate must be renewed annually. Only candidates with a “clean” record will be considered.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
• Place of duty and environmental conditions can be austere, harsh, and work can be performed under life-threatening conditions.
• All employees will undergo random Drug Testing, prior and throughout their employment period