Who You Are:
- You are dynamic thinker with a high aptitude for learning
- You have built credibility within your organization and amongst your peers
- You are an expert at implementation and execution of strategic objectives
- You are passionate about retail and selling
- You have excellent communication and negotiation skills
- You have a reputation for being insightful and operating with integrity
What you’ll have done before:
- At least 8 years’ category/buying experience within mainstream retail with five of these linked to supermarket retailers or forecourt businesses
- NQF level 7 (Degree/Advanced Diploma with specialisation Retail, Business Management or equivalent))
- Experience sourcing the following products (Bakery, Hot Foods: Pies/Rotisserie)
- Understanding of Bakery /Hot foods interactive business and product categories prevalent in the South African retail landscape.
- Deep knowledge of retail principles with in-depth understanding of category management
Exciting Challenges you might face in the role:
- Immerse yourself in various aspects of the organisation
- Influencing the strategic direction of Engen convenience business
- Operate effectively in an ever-changing, dynamic and agile business
What you’ll be doing:
- Influence turnover & income for the year ahead.
- Drive overall category performance across national footprint
- Category performance analysis and reporting
- Implement and ensure effective promotional plan
- Engage Internal customers and stakeholders on category delivery needs
- Be prepared to present category performance analysis
- Execute sourcing and supplier relationship management strategies
- Work across business units to enable NFR strategy
- Instrumental in Product ranging: providing commercial direction
- Trial and roll out of new initiatives
- Create and enforce processes / establish new processes where none exists
Job Advert Closing Date: All job adverts close five days after date posted
Engen’s approved Employment Equity plans and targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process.
We welcome applications from people with disabilities. Let us know how we can accommodate you to participate in the recruitment process.
- The appointment will be made in line with Engen’s Employment Equity Strategy.
- All applications must be submitted to the contact person/ numbers provided & in the manner requested.
- If not submitted by the closing date, your application will automatically not be considered.
- Engen does not guarantee that you will be called for an interview or appointed by virtue of your application.
- Engen reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Job Segment: Business Manager, Manager, Management
The post Engen: General Worker Opportunity appeared first on Latest Jobs.