Assmang: Mining Learnership 2020/21 at Black Rock Mine
Company: Assmang Black Rock Mine
Job Title: Mining Learnership
Location: Northern Cape (Kuruman)
Assmang invites applicants to apply for Mining Learnership for 2020/21 in Northern Cape. Assmang Limited – Manganese Division have opportunities for training under mentioned disciplines at their Black Rock Mine Operations situated 80km North-West of Kuruman in the Northern Cape.
LEARNERSHIP MINING 18.2 (AA PATERSON GRADING (25 Vacancies)
Preference will be given to locals
Learnership Qualifications, for the mining sector, were initiated by the MQA. The building blocks for these programmes are unit standards. As the learner becomed competent in the prescribed Unit Standard, credits will be added to his/her name on the MQA database. On completion of all the relevant Unit Standards a certificate will be issued by the MQA.
- Grade with Mathematics (Symbol C)
Experience & Requirements
(Essential unless otherwise indicated)
- Underground experience within a mining environment (Advantageous)
- Valid Code B / E8 driver’s license
- Must be medically fit as per Mine Health and Safety Act 29/1996
- Must achieve symbol “A” in the Dover assessment
- The Learner will be appointed on the basis of the duration of the training agreement. Should a vacancy exist within the company at the time of the learner successful completion of his/her training program, the Learner need to apply for such position and if successful will be appointed in the vacant position. Should there be no vacancies, the Company will release the Learner at the end of the training programme.
- The candidate will be appointed on the condition of being certified medically fit as per Mine Health and Safety Act 29/1996.
- Preference will be given to applicants from previously disadvantaged groups to support the company’s employment equity plan.
- Successful candidates will also be responsible for their accommodation and transportation to and from work.
- The Learner will be given a detailed learnership contract that must be signed in order to participate in the learnership program.
- Remuneration will be based on a competitive all-inclusive flexible package.
- The successful candidate the conforms to all said requirements and experience will be appointed on this grading.
How to Apply
Interested applicants are requested to submit their CVs with certified copies of qualifications to : Email: [email protected]
Submit at the Main Guard House
Please Note: If you have not been contacted within 21 days after the closing date, please consider your application to be unsuccessful. Correspondence will only be limited for shortlisted candidates