Location: Port Elizabeth, ZA
Company: Engen Limited
- You have a sound ability to identify needs, implement, track and report progress on multiple concurrent projects
- You have excellent networking, interpersonal, communication and persuasion skills
- You are a dynamic thinker with a high aptitude for learning across a wide range of technical and legal topics
- You have built credibility and are respected within your organization and amongst your peers for your engineering competence, decisive nature and constructive relationships
- You are an expert at implementation and execution of small to large projects from planning to project closure admin.
- You are passionate about understanding how things work, investigating the real root cause of problems and creating lasting solutions
- You have excellent communication skills, create clear and logical arguments, are persuasive and can simplify technical content
- You have a willingness of being on the road and practical on-site planning/investigations
- You have a reputation for being insightful, honest and operating with integrity
• Consultation with various internal Departments and External Contractors at various Management levels
• Taken an engineering project through stages from concept, draft design, costing & BOQ, final design, procurement process to implementation
• At least 5 years of engineering related experience. Petroleum or similar Industry experience an advantage
• Mechanical Engineering equivalent work experience and your Diploma: Mechanical Engineering
• Deep knowledge of fault finding
• SLA attention and promptness in addressing issues with urgency
• Ability to interface with many people and work independently
• Demonstrated ability to cut through masses of data to determine facts
• Experience in cost-risk assessments in practical project decision making
• Knowledge of SAP R3
• Driver’s Licence Code 8
• Management of 3rd Party Contractors (Technical/Financial/HSE/Quality)
• Capital and operational cost estimates
• Ensuring Designs maintained in line with HSE, legal, cost and efficiency objectives
• Ability to work successfully in an ever-changing environment and navigate ambiguity
• Demonstrated ability to network and manage stakeholders
• Advanced facilitation and consulting skill or desire to acquire same
• SAP PM Experience
• Knowledge of Petrochemical Industry Standards
• Experience in design, costing, tendering
• Advanced organizational skills
- Negotiating through competing demands from external and internal business partners
- Balancing risk and cost in meeting operational needs within set budgets
- Learning across multiple engineering and business disciplines
- Applies knowledge of capability development practices, tools and programs to advance the organisation’s strategic goals
- Driving and leading technical development across Retail installations
- Effectively demonstrating value to Leadership
- Operate effectively, even when things are not certain, or the way forward is not clear
- Undertake engineering projects and maintenance at Retail Service Stations to ensure that the design, construction, maintenance and operation of the company’s physical assets and facilities are always constructed and maintained to Engen’s and Regulatory standards.
- Ensure that the Engen Brand and Safety of Retail Sites are always maintained
- Managing relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Project Management and database management
- Project completion on time, within budget and operating as designed
- Onsite Incident Response Management
Job Advert Closing Date: All job adverts close five days after date posted
Engen’s approved Employment Equity plans and targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process.
We welcome applications from people with disabilities. Let us know how we can accommodate you to participate in the recruitment process.
- The appointment will be made in line with Engen’s Employment Equity Strategy.
- All applications must be submitted to the contact person/ numbers provided & in the manner requested.
- If not submitted by the closing date, your application will automatically not be considered.
- Engen does not guarantee that you will be called for an interview or appointed by virtue of your application.
- Engen reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Job Segment: Engineer, Construction, Mechanical Engineer, Engineering