||Monday 7th of September 2020
Closing Date: 07 September 2020
Location: Gauteng, Free State, KZN, Northen Cape
Applicants must display competency in the post-specific functions of the post
- Be a SA Citizen
- Be fluent in at least two official languages, of which one must be English
- Be in possession of a valid light motor vehicle driver’s licence
- Must have no previous convictions or cases pending
- Must not have visible tattoo / s when wearing summer uniform (Police Act posts)
- Applicants will be subjected to a vetting process which will include security screening and fingerprint verification
Additional post requirements:
- Be in possession of a Senior Certificate (Grade 12)
- Experience as an Apprentice will be an advantage
- Perform quality and cost effective repairs and maintenance of SAPS vehicles
- Ensure a clean and safe working environment
- Assist to diagnose, strip and determine the parts required for services and repairs
- Complete parts request list for the parts required per vehicle
- Complete job card with regards to work done and actual time taken
- Ensure safe keeping of tools and equipment
- Mentor apprentices under supervision
- Comply with the Occupational Health & Safety Act (Act 83 of 1995)
- Only the official application form (available on the SAPS website and at SAPS recruitment offices) will be accepted. All instructions on the application form must be adhered to. Failure to do so may result in the rejection of the application.The Z83 previously utilized will no longer be accepted.
- The post particulars and reference number of the post must be correctly specified on the application form.
- A comprehensive Curriculum Vitae must be submitted together with the application form.
- Copies of an applicant’s ID document, motor vehicle driver’s licence, all educational qualifications obtained together with academic records thereof and service certificates of previous employers stating the occupation, must also be submitted and attached to every application.
- Qualifications and driver’s licences will be subjected to verification checking with the relevant institution. The South African Police Service will verify the residential address of applicants and conduct reference checks.
- All short-listed candidates will be subjected to fingerprint screening.
- Persons who retired from the Public Service by taking a severance package, early retirement or for medical reasons, as well as persons with previous convictions, are excluded.Persons who retired due to medical reasons, may however be considered if they can provide recent and conclusive proof of recovery.
- Applications must be mailed timeously. Late applications will not be accepted or considered. The closing date for all applications is Monday, 7 September 2020at 16: 00.
- If a candidate is short-listed, it can be expected of him / her to undergo a personal interview. Short-listed candidates will be subjected to security clearance.-2-
- Correspondence will be conducted with successful candidates only. If you have not been contacted within 3 months after the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
- Appointments will be made in terms of the Police Service Act, 1995(Act no 68 of 1995)as stipulated.
- Applicants appointed under the Police Service Act will be subjected to a medical assessment by a medical practitioner as determined by SAPS prescripts.
- Applicants appointed under the Police Service Act will be subjected to undergo a lateral entry programme at a SAPS Academy & Training Centre and will be expected to qualify as competent and to maintain such competency throughout his or her service, by the employee to possess and use of a firearm(s) as required by the SAPS.
- It will be expected of candidates appointed under the Police Service Act, 1995 (Act no 68 of 1995) to maintain a valid driver’s license throughout his or her service in the SAPS.
- The South African Police Service is under no obligation to fill a post after advertisement thereof.
- Short-listed candidates for appointment to certain identified posts will be vetted in terms of the Criminal Law (Sexual Offences and related Matters) Amendment Act, 2007 (Act No 32 of 2007) and the children’s Act, 2005 (Act No 38 of 2005). A candidate, whose particulars appear in either the National Register of Sex Offenders or Part B of the Child Protection Register, will be disqualified from appointment to the post.
- The Criminal Law (Forensic Procedures) Amendment Act, Act 37 of 2013 requires that all new appointments in the South African Police Service as from 31 January 2015 provide a buccal (inside cheek) sample in order to determine their forensic DNA profile. The forensic DNA profile derived from the sample will be loaded to the Elimination Index of the National Forensic DNA Database.
ENQUIRIES: Captain Rivombo, Tel no (012) 8417123 or PPO Skosana, Tel no (012) 8417179
How to Apply
Applications must be emailed to:
- REFERENCES: SCM56 / 2020 (Benoni)
- REFERENCES: SCM59 / 2020 (Verineeging)
- REFERENCES: SCM57 / 2020 (JHB)
- REFERENCES: SCM58 / 2020 (Pretoria)
- REFERENCES: SCM61 / 2020 (Sasolburg)
- REFERENCES: SCM62 / 2020 (Thaba Nchu)
- REFERENCES: SCM60 / 2020 (Marianhill )
- REFERENCES: SCM63 /2020 (Upington)
|[email protected][email protected]
APPLICATIONS POSTED: The Divisional Commissioner: SCM, Human Resource Management, Private Bag X254, Pretoria, 0001 (For attention Captain Rivombo)
APPLICATIONS HAND DELIVERED: The Divisional Commissioner: SCM, 117 Cresswell Road (cnr Cresswell and Pretoria Road), Silverton, Pretoria (Main entrance to A-Block)
The post SAPS: Apprenticeship Programme 2020/2021 appeared first on Online Jobs.