Company: South African Police Service
Job Title: General Worker
Location: Head Office, Pretoria
Closing Date: 04 September 2020
POST: General Worker
LOCATION: Corporate Services, Head Office, Pretoria
REMUNERATION: R102 534 per annum
- Maintaining of high level of hygiene in and around the SAPS premises where routine tasks are to be performed, which may include either inner or outer parameters.
- Performing routine tasks such as dusting, polishing furniture and floors, removing refuse bags.
- Mopping of all tiled flooring.
- Cleaning bathrooms and kitchenware and utensils.
- Safekeeping and handling of a variety of cleaning materials.
- Wearing of stipulated work wear.
- Making tea for meetings, catering for meetings.
- Delivering and picking up documents.
- A Grade 10 qualification will serve as an advantage.
- Basic literacy, numeracy and communication skills.
- Be able to read and write.
- The ability to operate elementary machines and equipment.
- Willing to work extended hours when necessary.
- Applicants must display competency in the post-specific functions of the post;
- Be a SA Citizen;
- Be fluent in at least two official languages, of which one must be English;
- Must have no previous convictions or cases pending;
- Applicants will be subjected to a vetting process which will include security screening and fingerprint verification.
How to Apply
- Only the official application form (also available on the SAPS website and at SAPS recruitment offices) will be accepted. The Z83 previously utilized will no longer be accepted. All instructions on the application form must be adhered to. Failure to do so may result in the rejection of the application.
- The post particulars and reference number of the post must be correctly specified on the application form.
- A comprehensive Curriculum Vitae must be submitted together with the application form.
- Certified copies of an applicant’s ID, Senior Certificate and all educational qualifications obtained, service certificates of previous employers stating the occupation and proof of relevant experience in
the field of the post.
- The copies must be correctly certified on the copy itself, not at the back. The certification must not be older than three months.
- Qualifications submitted will be subjected to verification checking with the relevant institutions. The South African Police Service will verify the residential address of applicants and conduct reference checks.
- Appointments will be made in terms of the Police Service Act, 1995 and Public Service Act, 1994 as applicable to the post environment.
- Applications must be mailed timeously. Late applications will not be accepted or considered.
- The closing date for applications is 4 September 2020 at 16h00
- If a candidate is short-listed, it can be expected of him/her to undergo a personal interview as well as a practical assessment.
- Reference checking will be conducted on all short listed applicants.
- Short-listed candidates for appointment to certain identified posts, will be vetted in terms of the Criminal Law (Sexual Offences and Related Matters) Amendment Act, 2007 (Act No 32
of 2007) and the Children’s Act, 2005 (Act No 38 of 2005). A candidate, whose particulars appear in either the National Register for Sex Offenders or Part B of the Child Protection
Register, will be disqualified from appointment to that post.
- All short-listed candidates will be subjected to fingerprint screening.
- Correspondence will be conducted with successful candidates only. If you have not been contacted within 3 months after the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was
- The South African Police Service is under no obligation to fill a post after the advertisement thereof.
Hand delivered applications may only be submitted at:
Opera Plaza, Annex Building
Cnr Pretorius & Banklane Street
Application must be deposited into the box available at the reception area.
Applications forwarded by post to be addressed to:
The Section Head: Corporate Support (Attention: Lt Col JL Shandu/ Capt SJ Matlopela)
South African Police Service
Private Bag X94
Enquiries can be directed to Lt Col JL Shandu/ Capt SJ Matlopela/ W/O TB Tshabalala/ SPO KK Mashiloane at telephone: (012) 393 4273/ 4501 3461
The post SAPS: General Worker Opportunity for Unemployed Youth appeared first on Online Jobs.