Komatsu is an indispensable partner to the construction, mining, industrial and forestry industries that maximizes value for customers through innovative solutions. With a full line of products supported by our advanced IoT technologies, regional distribution channels and a global service network, we help customers safely and sustainably optimize their operations. Our Komatsu, P&H, Joy, Montabert, Modular Mining Systems, Hensley Industries, NTC and Gigaphoton equipment and services are used to extract fundamental minerals and develop modern infrastructure.
In the Peoria community we employ more than 700 employees performing all aspects of Manufacturing, Engineering, and Product Support. The Peoria worksite manufactures some of the largest mining trucks found anywhere in the world.
The position will be based at Bosjesspruit Mine Workshop and the incumbent will report to the Foreman
Electrical Repairs as per OEM standard and requirements at all times
Job Specification (not totally inclusive)
- Ensure all relevant task procedures is available at start of shift and task preparation is completed
- Production performance of equipment in area of responsibility
- Submit relevant safety documents to the relevant workshop Supervisor as and when required for safekeeping
- Ensure correct machine drawings are available at the task to be performed
- Ensure lock out procedure is followed as and when required
- Ensure a safe working environment at all times during the required time in the workplace
- Electrical Repairs as per OEM standard and requirements at all times
- Ensure Safe and reliable workmanship to ensure a safe operation of the machine at the time of sign off
- Uphold safety standards and good housekeeping at all times
- Drive quality work performance and comply to standards and procedures
- Must be willing to work overtime and shift work as and when required from time to time
Behavioural Competencies required
- Self-motivated individual
- Must be self-driven and disciplined.
- Willing and able to work alone and in teams
- Able to work under pressure
- Valid Driver’s License
- Own transport
- Must be able to obtain a medical clearance. (Red Ticket)
Education / Qualification
Minimum Skills and experience required
- Qualified Electrician / Millwright
- Gas testing certificate
- Flame proof certificate
- Electrical Wiring experience on JOY machines or similar (Shuttle cars and Continuous Miners)
- Fault finding skills and experience in the mining industry environment.
- Understand and wiring as per approved OEM drawings
- 4 years underground experience
- 4 years’ experience in machine repairs will be an advantage
- Crane and forklift license an advantage
- Experience in dismantling and assemble JOY machines
Drive for Results
Essential Job Functions
Technical / Functional Skills
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
The post Komatsu: Electrician X2 appeared first on Latest Jobs.