Company: Independent Electoral Commission
Job Title: Regional Administrative Clerk
Closing Date: 04 September 2020
REGIONAL ADMINISTRATIVE CLERK (RAC) [LEVEL OF SENIOR ADMINISTRATIVE CLERK] – KZN x5
Location: KwaZulu Natal
Remuneration: An inclusive remuneration package of R 271,716.00 per annum
KWAZULU-NATAL PROVINCE, KWADUKUZA MUNICIPALITY [DC29] (REF NR: PO – 601]
KWAZULU-NATAL PROVINCE, ULUNDI MUNICIPALITY [DC26] (REF NR: PO – 602]
KWAZULU-NATAL PROVINCE, ETHEKWINI METRO MUNICIPALITY (REF NR: PO – 603]
KWAZULU-NATAL PROVINCE, UMNAMBITHI MUNICIPALITY [DC23] (REF NR: PO – 604]
KWAZULU-NATAL PROVINCE, UMSUNDUZI MUNICIPALITY [DC22] (REF NR: PO – 605]
The purpose of the position is to perform specialised clerical duties in support of the electoral operations, outreach, and corporate support services for the regional office.
This position reports to the Regional Assistant Manager.
Responsibilities / Duties
- Regional Human Resources Administration: Support efficient human resource administration services for the regional office by development and maintenance of an effective filing system; render assistance with recruitment of employees in the region; facilitate appointment of Municipal Electoral Officers (MEO)s; maintain a leave register; keep and maintain personnel records and the attendance register; record, organise, store, capture and retrieve correspondence and data; update registers and statistics; handle routine enquiries; make photocpoies and receive or send fascimiles; distribute documents/packages to various stakeholders as required; type basic letters and/or other correspondence when required; keep and maintain the incoming and outgoing register of the component; coordinate logistics of meetings.
- Regional Financial Administration : Ensure regional creditors are paid timeously by liaising with internal and external stakeholders in relation to procurement of goods and services; obtain quotations and follow up on submission of invoices; complete procurement forms for the purchasing of standard office goods; stock control of office stationery and other assets in the regions;; keep and maintain the asset register of the district; coordinate submission of assets; submit quarterly reports; capture and update expenditure in the district; check correctness of subsistence and travel claims of employees and submit to Regional Supervisor for approval; handle telephone, rental accounts and petty cash for the component; submit regular reports.
- Regional Travel and Office Services : Coordinate travel and accommodation; manage pool vehicle administration mail, and courier service in the district; provide reception and office administrator service.
- Regional Facilities Management : Facilitate minor building maintenance works, including cleaning contracts.
- Grade 12/Matric
- 3 years relevant working experience
- Knowledge and understanding of the legislative framework of the Electoral Commission and election related matters will be advantageous
- Knowledge of clerical duties, practices as well as the ability to capture data, knowledge of working procedures in terms of the working environment
- Compute and collecting statistics
- Office administration skills;
- Minute taking
- Consolidation of reports;
- Good verbal and written communication skills;
- Good organizing skills and computer literacy;
- The successful candidate must have a valid driver’s license and must be prepared to travel extensively in the relevant district.
Suitable candidates must submit their applications for the vacant posts to the address as indicated below:
Applications for vacant posts in KwaZulu Natal
Ms L Mkhize Fax: 086 518 1876 [email protected]
Please take note that no applications received after this closing date will be considered. Applicants who have not been contacted by 30 November 2020 must consider their applications as not being successful.
- Applicants for the above position/s should not have a high party political profile.
- Successful candidates will be required to enter into performance contracts.
- Should applicants be in possession of a foreign qualification, it must be accompanied by an evaluation certificate from the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA).
- All applications must include:
- a covering letter that clearly indicates the relevant reference number of the post and your employee number (permanent employees) as it appears on your salary advice;
- a recent, updated comprehensive curriculum vitae; and
- certified copies of all qualification documents and identity documents.
- Failure to attach the relevant reference number and to submit the requested documents will result in the application not being considered.
- Please note that recommended candidates will undergo risk assessments, including inter alia the verification of curricula vitae, all qualifications, criminal and credit assessments and appointments will only be made upon positive verification thereof.
- All appointments are subject to a probation period of twelve months.
- The Electoral Commission will only correspond with short-listed candidates.
- The Electoral Commission is under no obligation to fill the position/s and reserves the right not to make any appointment in the above post/s. Although advertised, positions may thus either be withdrawn, re-advertised or filled by way of transfer or deployment, should it be considered in the interest of service delivery.