Sappi Southern Africa
Mechanical Fitter ( P11 )
Sappi Tugela Mill requires a Mechanical Fitter to optimum plant availability by efficient maintenance, overhaul and repair of all machinery and equipment/mechanical systems according to engineering specifications and safety standards.
This role reports to the Mechanical Foreman.
The main responsibilities of this job are:
- Fits, assembles, grinds and shapes metal parts and sub-assemblies to fabricate production machines and other equipment.
- Schedule maintenance of Plant according to SAP Notifications and Planned Schedules.
- Identification and development of Annual and Incidental Shut Scope and Execution Programme applicable to all Plants in area of responsibility.
- Does fault finding on systems during breakdown and repair the problem to keep downtime to a minimum.
- Does daily and weekly inspections on equipment according to a detailed Check-List.
- Cover breakdowns after hours and weekends on a standby basis.
- Reports all unsafe acts to the Maintenance Foreman.
- Draws spares from Stores – picking list on computer, etc.
- Performs any other tasks given to him that fall within the scope of a Fitter.
- Required to work standby and overtime as required.Understands the SHEQ requirements of the Section.
- Investigates incidents (SHEQ) and identify root causes of Non-Conformances and corrects deviations.
- Maintains a high level of good housekeeping in the workplace at all time.
The Ideal candidate should have:
- Matric/ Grade 12
- Fitter Trade Test Certificate & N2 Engineering (N3 Desirable)
- Two years post – Apprenticeship experience in a heavy Engineering environment
Closing Date : 08 September 2020
How to Apply? Please click on one of the buttons below. If you encounter any issue while applying contact your HR contact .
Feel free to visit our website for further information www.sappi.com
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Should you not have been contacted within 14 days of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.
The post Sappi: Fitter & Turner Apprenticeships 2020/2021 appeared first on Online Jobs.