Purpose of the Job
To support Plant maintenance activities through the provision of documentation conforming to piping and equipment engineering standards, thereby ensuring safe work execution and integrity compliance
What you will be doing
- Develop piping repair work pack and prepare RFQ documentation for engineering work.
- Compile sketches for piping weld repair work and submit to the drawing office draughtsman to generate detailed engineering drawings (e.g. Piping Isometrics, piping supports etc.)
- Interact with mechanical weld shop planner to schedule tasks to be completed on the run
- Ensure that all piping fabrication work are complying to approved engineering drawings/sketches
- Provide input to the maintenance planning support function
Exciting Challenges you might face in the role
- Creates value through engineering application and innovation
- Effectively supporting the plant and working in collaboration with all stakeholders & customers in the refinery
- Reviewing and improving maintenance processes
- Implementing maintenance strategic initiatives
- Engaging with stakeholders for compliance to technical specification and requirements
- Applying technical engineering experience to resolve complex engineering challenges
- Supporting various projects in executing brownfields engineering activities
- Supporting maintenance team in executing high priority repairs
Who are you
- You are and innovative and dynamic technician who works well with teams of people
- You have built a reputation for engineering excellence, hard work, delivering excellent business results
- You are experienced at performing mechanical piping repairs
- You are experienced at troubleshooting and providing plant support
- You are passionate about mechanical engineering
- You have excellent technical and communication skills
- You have a reputation of high technical and engineering excellence
What you will have done before
- Must have a minimum of 3 years working experience of which shall be in Mechanical Engineering environment.
- Must have a minimum qualification of NQF level 6: National Diploma -Mechanical Engineering.
- Exposure to codes and standards for piping (e.g. ASME B31.3. etc).
- Exceptional application of mechanical engineering technical skills
- Working experience linked to Oil Refinery/Petrochemical Industry.
- Having a B.Tech (Mechanical Engineering).
- At least 1 Year Experience as a plant maintenance technician.
- At least 1 Year Engineering experience within a Turnaround / Shutdown environment
- Customer Interface
- Engineering HSE Compliance and Practices
- Engineering Maintenance
- Reporting and Feedback
- Instills trust
- Drives results
- Plans and aligns
- Customer focus
Job Segment: Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Engineering
The post Engen: Engineering Traineeship 2021 appeared first on Online Jobs.