Applications are invited for the above mentioned position based in Supply Chain, JC Le Roux, Devon Valley . The successful applicant will report to the Engineering Controller .
Key Performance Indicators would include, but are not limited to:
- Reading and understanding of electrical drawings;
- Good knowledge of electrical reticulation in a plant environment;
- Repairs of production machinery as well as site related electrical work e.g. lighting, boilers, compressors, installations etc.;
- Methodical fault finding and maintenance of electrical motors, control panels and distribution boards;
- Excellent working knowledge of sensor control, VSD, HMI, switchgear, AC motors, servo motors, relay logic, industrial instrumentation, basic understanding of PLC;
- Assisting with installation of new equipment
- Ensuring that related administration is attended to timeously
- Ensuring that operational services (electrical) are provided timeously and according to specification.
- Assist with mechanical inspections/repairs.
- Adhere to all safety procedures and policies;
- Comply with Distell’s standard operating practices;
- Excellent housekeeping.
The successful candidate must preferably have the following experience / skills:
- At least 3 years working experience in an electrical / automation environment;
- Familiar with conveyor line control, PLC automation (preferably Siemens S7) and high speed machinery;
- Must be self-motivated, innovative and able to work without supervision;
- Able to work and make decisions under pressure;
- Possess good communication skills on all levels;
- Have own reliable transport available;
- Willing and able to work shifts, overtime and flexible hours;
- Ability to do in depth problem solving and fault finding;
- Active involvement in mini-business activities.
- Able to work within a team.
- Mechanical experience advantageous. (Millwright)
The successful candidate must preferably have the following qualification/s:
- Minimum N3;
- Trade tested Electrician.
If interested and meet all requirements, please register and apply via the Distell career portal by logging onto www.distell.co.za/careers
Reference Number: 17095 Closing date: 03 September 2020
Job Segment: Electrical, Electrician, Engineer, Instrumentation, Engineering
How to Apply
Apply online: Distell Group Electrician
The post Distell Group: Electrician appeared first on Online Jobs.