Location: Hotazel, Northern Cape, ZA, 8490
Company: South32 Group Operations Pty. Ltd.
South32 is a globally diversified mining and metals company. We produce bauxite, alumina, aluminium, energy and metallurgical coal, manganese, nickel, silver, lead and zinc at our operations in Australia, Southern Africa and South America. We are also the owner of a high-grade zinc, lead and silver development option in North America and have several partnerships with junior explorers with a focus on base metals.
Our purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people’s lives now and for generations to come.
We are trusted by our owners and partners to realise the potential of their resources.
Our South African Manganese mines are found in the manganese rich Kalahari Basin, in the country’s Northern Cape, which is home to 80 per cent of the world’s manganese ore body.
- Ensuring compliance with the South32 commitment to Zero Harm, you will play a key role in safely assisting artisans with plant maintenance and breakdowns. Compliance to all applicable procedures is essential.
- Serious contenders will have a Grade 10 together with a minimum of 1 years’ experience in mining;
- Valid Code B or C/C1 Driver’s license is essential;
- Knowledge of Surface Mining Principles is essential;
- Experience in Electrical, Boiler-making or Fitting work is essential.
- Assist artisan with the daily maintenance and inspections;
- Basic use of hand tools;
- Apply health, safety and housekeeping standard;
- Participate in investigations into workplace incidents,
- Report any unsafe behaviour, conditions and incidents to the responsible person;
- Conduct pre-use inspections, routine inspections and report defects,
- Conduct risk assessment before all tasks and identify risks and hazards,
- Keep all equipment clean and in a good condition all the time.
(Preference will be given to applicants from designated groups)
South32 has an overriding commitment to safety and environmental responsibility.
At South32, our people are fundamental to our success. We’re focused on creating an inclusive workplace, with the right people in the right roles, who are engaged, empowered and appropriately rewarded.
We aspire to be an inclusive organisation, where our workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities where we operate.
South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
The post Artisan Assistant FTC – South32, Mamatwan appeared first on Online Jobs.