Ehlanzeni District Municipality | Internship Opportunity 2021
CLOSING DATE: 25 SEPTEMBER 2020
Remuneration: R120000 per annum2 years internship contract
APPLICATIONS ARE INVITED FROM UNEMPLOYED GRADUATES WHO REQUIRE WORKPLACE EXPERIENCE NECESSARY TO INCREASE CHANCES OF SECURING EMPLOYMENT IN THE FOLLOWING FIELDS OF STUDY: (People with disabilities and youth are encouraged to apply)
|INDIVIDUAL PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT INTERN (x1) [Ref: IPM Internship]
|Requirements: Grade 12 plus a relevant three-year National Diploma/Degree in Public Administration, Human Resources, Development studies, and Auditing or equivalent tertiary qualification. Computer Literacy (MS Office) applications.
Knowledge and Competencies: Adaptability to change and constant learning ability. Effective communicator, self-motivated, functions well under pressure, positive work ethics, reliable and honest, team player, Good analytical and problem-solving, ability to work inter-departmentally, and across institutions.
Responsibilities: The incumbent will primarily be trained and required to assist the Individual Performance Management Unit while reporting to the Senior Manager with the following roles:
- Plan and monitor the implementation of all processes of Individual Performance Management System;
- Development of the IPM policies and procedures;
- Coordination of the Departmental Unit workshops and feedback sessions;
- Development of Performance Agreements aligned to the work plans, Review of Individuals Quarterly reports and POEs;
- Performing administrative tasks and other logistical activities as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
|INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY INTERN [Ref: IT Internship]
|Requirements: Grade 12 plus a relevant three-year National Diploma/Degree in Information Technology A+ and N+ or equivalent tertiary qualification.
Knowledge and Competencies: Adaptability to change and constant learning ability, effective communicator, self-motivated, self-starter, functions well under pressure, positive work ethics, reliable and honest, team player, Hands-on experience on IT work, troubleshooting and good analytical and problem-solving skills, ability to work inter-departmentally and across institutions.
Responsibilities: The incumbents will primarily be trained and required to assist the ICT unit while reporting to the Senior Manager with the following roles:
- Provide end-user support and maintenance of all internal and external IT services.
- Network, hardware, and software installations for new users.
- Responding to user inquiries.
- Diagnosis and resolving computer-related issues.
- Maintain current and accurate inventory of technology and hardware, software, and resources.
- Operation of information processing systems, ensuring that systems are operating efficiently.
- Provides technical assistance, application helpdesk support, and training of staff in the use of data processing and application systems.
|GIS PROFESSIONAL TRAINEE (INTERNSHIP) [Ref: GISInternship]
|The appointment will be in accordance with the Conditions of Service of Ehlanzeni District Municipality
Requirements: Grade 12 plus a 3-year DiplomaDegree in Geographic Information Sciences, Hands-on experience on the ESRI ArcGIS software, Computer Literacy (MS Office Packages), Driver’s license will be an added advantage. The incumbent will primarily be trained and required to assist in the following key areas:
- Spatial data collection and capturing (including field and digitizing); Spatial data cleansing and manipulation; Map production and Spatial analysis.
- Applicants for internship must be between the age of 18-35 years;
- South African citizens;
- Unemployed and never participated in an internship program before, and;
- Must be willing to sign an internship agreement.
The appointment will be in accordance with the Conditions of Service of Ehlanzeni District Municipality. The selection process will be influenced by the municipality’s Employment Equity principles. Women and people living with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Shortlisted candidates will be subjected to suitability checks including qualifications, employment records, criminal records, company ownership/directorship, and reference checks. Correspondence will be limited to shortlisted candidates only.
Should you not receive a response within thirty (30) days from the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful. Applications not accompanied by the required documentation will not be considered.
How to Apply
Completed CVs with certified copies of qualifications and may be posted to
The Municipal Manager
Ehlanzeni District Municipality
MBOMBELA 1200 Or handed in at 8 van Niekerk Street, Mbombela, 1200
For further information contact the General Manager Corporate Services on telephone No (013) 7598668/8637/8571