Company: Department of Correctional Services
Job Title: Learnership
Location: All Provinces
Closing Date:17 September 2020 @ 15:45
Department of Correctional Services invites applicants to apply for Learnerships Programme 2020/2021 in all 9 provinces. The duration of this Learnership is 12 months.
Stipend: R5000 per month
The persons with appropriate qualifications are invited to enter into a Further Education and Training Certificate in the Corrections Services Learnership (NQF Level 4). The function of these trainees shall be to contribute towards the rehabilitation of offenders through correction and human development in secure, safe and humane detention or under the community based correctional supervision.
- South Africans who are possession of a Grade 12 / Standard 10 Certificate or
- South Africans who have successfully completed the National Certificate in Vocational Studies (NQF Level 4) or
- South Africans who have successfully completed a Further Education and Training Certificate NQF (Level 4)
Furthermore, applicants must be South Africans who;
- Are between 21 and 35 years of age
- Have a strong character
- Are law-abiding citizens and are without criminal records (particulars of the pending criminal cases must be provided during the selection process)
The FET Certificate in Corrections Services Learnership
The Learnership is outcome-based and is intended to contribute towards addressing the skills shortage in South Africa. The Corrections Service Learnership is based on a legally binding agreement between the employer, learner and service provider.
The Learnership Programme shall be presented for a period of one year consisting of:
A +/- 30% intensive instructional learning theory, which is inclusive of firearm, physical and self defense training, which will take place at designated accredited DCS colleges. Free accommodation, meals, training material, uniform (field wear and tracksuit) shall be provided during this training phase. The obligatory theoretical training strictly requires the learner to be accommodated at the Training College on a full-time basis.
This is a +/-70% workplace learning phase that shall take place at the Correctional and Social Reintegration Centres / Units. Please note that this will entail duties related to the rehabilitation and provision of security to offenders.
During this phase, learners shall continue receiving a stipend. The learners shall be responsible for their own accommodation, meals and transport.
No pension fund, housing allowance, housing subsidy , danger allowance, medical aid or overtime shall be paid by the employer during the theoretical as well as during the practical training phases.
The learner shall be declared competent after the successful completion of the instructional learning phase, the workplace learning phase, the final submission of the Portfolio of Evidence (POE) and the successful external verification by SASSETA.
Any contravention or deviation from the learnership agreement during the 12 months period shall be dealt with by the DCS in accordance with Sections 17 and 18 of the Skills Development Act, 97 of 1998.
On completion of the learnership, learners will receive an FET Certificate in Corrections Services: NQF 4. However the Department of Correctional Services does not guarantee permanent employment thereafter.
How to Apply
DCS Learnership Application Form DOWNLOAD
- Complete the application form in your own handwriting. The application form is also obtainable from Correctional Services or the DCS website.
- Specify the learnership post which you are applying for (e.g. DCS Corrections Service Learnership: Gauteng Region: Leeuwkop (Ref GP02). The application must be signed by the applicant (neither by a proxy, agent nor representative of the applicant)
- Attach certified copies of your certificates and ID that are not older than 3 months.
- Neither late, incomplete nor unsigned application forms shall be accepted. Furthermore, no photocopies of completed forms, faxed nor e-mailed applications shall be accepted,
- Taking into consideration that you have to provide your own transport and accommodation during the experiential learning, you are therefore advised to apply for learnership enrollment within the Region or Management Area closest to your place of residence.
The application forms with the accompanying documents can be hand delivered or posted to the following addresses:
- St. Albans (E01/20)
- Amathole (E02/20)
- Kirkwood (E03/20)
- East London (E04/20)
- Sada (E05/20)
- Cradock (E06/20)
- Umthatha (E07/20)
Postal Address: Regional Commissioner Eastern Cape, Recruitment Section, Private Bag Z9013, East London 5200
Physical Address: Block E Ocean Terrance, Moore Street, Quigney, East London 5200
Contact Person: Mr R Modimowagae – 043 706 8784
Free State and Northern Cape
- Goenpunt (Ref: E08/2020)
- Grootvlei (Ref: E09/2020)
- Colesberg (Ref: E10/2020)
- Kimberely (Ref: E11/2020)
- Upington (Ref: E12/2020)
- Goedemoed (Ref:E13/2020)
- Bizzah Makhate (Ref: E14/2020)
Postal Address: Regional Commissioner: Free State and Northern Cape, Recruitement Section, Private Bag X20530, Bloemfontein 9300
Physical address: 103 Zastron Street, Agrimed Building, Bloemfontein 9300
Contact Person: Mr M Kosana – 051 4040 0277
- Leeukop (Ref: E15/2020)
- Kgoi Mampuru II (Ref: E16/2020)
- Baviaanspoort (Ref: E17/2020)
- Zonderwater (Ref: E18/2020)
- Johannesburg (Ref: E19/2020)
- Boksburg (Ref: E20/2020)
- Modderbee (Ref: E21 / 20)
- Krugersdorp (Ref: E22 / 20)
Postal Address: Regional Commissioner: Gauteng Recruitment Section, Private Bag X393, Pretoria 0001
Physical Address: 4 Ketjen Street, Pretoria West (Kgoi Mampuru II Training Centre)
Contact Person: Ms Sibongile Mkuzangwe – 012 420 0146
- Durban (Ref: E23 / 20)
- Kokstad (Ref: E24 / 20)
- Pietermaritzburg (Ref: E25 / 20)
- Ncome (Ref: E26 / 20)
- Empangeni (Ref: E27 /20)
- Glencoe (Ref: E28 / 20)
- Waterval (Ref: E29 / 20)
Postal Address: Regional Commissioner, KwaZulu-Natal Recruitement Centre, Private Bag X9126, Pietermaritzburg 3200
Physical Address: Correctional Services, 01 Eugene Marie Road, Napierville, Pietermaritzburg 3200
Contact Person: Rajashree Moodley – 033 355 7360
Limpopo, Mpumalanga, North West
- Polokwane (E30 / 20)
- Barberton (E31 / 20)
- Bethal (E32 /20)
- Klerksdorp (E33 / 20)
- Rooigrond (E34 /20)
- Rustenburg (E35 /20)
- Thohoyandou (E36 / 20)
- Witbank (E37 / 20)
Postal Address: Regional Commissioner, Limpopo, Mpumalanga and North West Recruitment Section, Private Bag X142, Pretoria 0001
Physical Address: Proes & Paul Kruger Street, 198 Masada Building, 9th Floor, Pretoria 0001
Contact Person: Eddie Nhlengethwa – 012 306 2025
- West Coast (E38 / 20)
- Drakenstein (E39 / 20)
- Allandale (E40 / 20)
- Brandvlei (E41 / 20)
- Pollsmoor (E42 / 20)
- Goodwood (E43 / 20)
- Southern Cape (E44 / 20)
- Voorberg (E45 / 20)
- Overberg (E46 / 20)
- Breed River (E47 / 20)
Postal Address: Regional Commissioner, Western Cape Recruitment Section, Private Bag X1, Edgemead 7407
Physical Address: Breede River Street, Monte Vista
Contact Person: Fezile Ngcanga – 021 550 6078
The post Department of Correctional Services: Learnership Applications Form 2021 appeared first on Latest Jobs.