Information Security Officer (Ref No: FM/00201/20)
Johannesburg – Permanent
APACE: Project Management
We are looking for Information Security Officer (ISO) to be accountable for ensuring appropriate controls are in place for the security of information assets. The ISO will be the center of competence for Information Security, providing an advisory services role and acting as the focal point for security compliance-related activities and responsibilities.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Develop, implement, and monitor a strategic, comprehensive enterprise information security and IT risk management program to ensure that information asset are adequately protected.
- Work directly with the business units to facilitate risk assessment and risk management processes.
- Develop and enhance an information security management framework.
- Understand and interact with related disciplines through committees to ensure the consistent application of policies and standards across all technology projects, systems, and services.
- Provide leadership to the enterprise’s information security organization.
- Partner with business stakeholders across the company to raise awareness of risk management concerns.
- Assist with the overall business technology planning, providing a current knowledge and future vision of technology and systems.
- Educate workers about computer security and promote security awareness and security protocols.
- IT security systems administration – Act as a system administrator for a variety of security-related systems, including but not limited to intrusion detection and prevention devices, connection loggers, vulnerability scanners, and network monitoring devices.
- Ensure security is embedded in IT System and Network Infrastructure (Mobile, IS, and Enterprise) across the organization.
- Choose, implement, monitor, and upgrade computer anti-virus and malware protection systems.
- Upgrade systems regularly to remain competitive in the field of security.
- Communicate the system status and keep users informed of downtime or changes to the system.
- Create and maintain appropriate documentation.
- Finding the best way to secure the IT infrastructure of an organization.
Essential qualifications and experience
- University degree in the field of computer science and information security.
- Honours Degree Would be an advantage.
- 3+ years’ security-related work experience.
- Knowledge of common information security management frameworks, such as ISO/IEC 27001 and NIST.
- Knowledge of patch management, firewalls, and intrusion detection/prevention systems (e.g. SCCM).
- Knowledge and experience of Information Security Risk and Security governance CCNA, CISSP, CISM, or related certification is a definite plus.
- Knowledge of working with Information security tools (e.g. Firewalls, Antivirus, Network monitoring tool).
- Experience dealing with Audits.
- Experience working with stakeholders.
- Strong process methods.
- Provide Cyber Security Guidance across functions and regions.
- Drive remediation activities across the ANOVA offices.
- Extensive experience in Information Technology, with a background in Security and Compliance.
Submit your CV and application letter to Fuzile Madikane at [email protected]
Please specify the above position and reference number on the subject line for a quicker response. Good luck!
Closing date: 23 September 2020
APPLY FOR MORE CAREER OPPORTUNITIES