Job no: 498223
Work type: Permanent
Location: North West
Categories: Engineering, Mining
||MARIKANA OPERATION – SAFFY
||05 OCTOBER 2020
|TYPE OF EMPLOYMENT
||NO OF POSITIONS
Your manager should be aware of and support your application. Pre-screening and psychometric evaluation may form part of the selection process. Short listed candidates will be requested to attend a panel interview. Applicants who receive no response to their applications within 14 days may consider their application for the position to be unsuccessful.
Sibanye-Stillwater is committed to the achievement and maintenance of diversity and equity in employment.
- NQF 4 (National Senior Certificate or Grade 12 or Adult Senior Certificate) with English literacy or N2 in Engineering studies.
- Completed formal Learnership programme prior to obtaining a rigger artisan trade certificate as recognised by the MQA.
- Valid Mobile- / Overhead Crane and Fork Lift driving certificate will be an advantage.
- At least 3 years experience as a Rigger Artisan / Aide / Apprentice within a mining or plant environment.
- Be declared medically fit for the position and environment, as determined by a risk based medical examination at the relevant Sibanye Stillwater Occupational Health Centre
|KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Adherence to safe work procedures.
- Compliance to company standards and regulations i.e. PPE.
- Reporting of all incidents and / or near incidents.
- Participation on SHEC related campaigns and initiatives.
- Rigging and Cable / Pulley Maintenance
- Adhere to heavy equipment lifting, positioning and movement standards and specifications.
- All maintenance on cable and / or pulley operated equipment to be inspected and checked for quality purposes.
- Safe, correct and effective application of equipment and machinery utilised during duties.
- Adherence to maintenance schedules.
- Attending to mechanical breakdowns (cables and pulleys).
- Provide on-the-job training and coaching to team members.
- Nominate team members for developmental training.
- Ensure that all team members are adequately trained for assigned work.
- Manage team morale.
|INTERESTED PARTIES SHOULD COMPLETE AND SUBMIT THE STANDARD JOB APPLICATION FORM USING THE LINK BELOW:
Website : www.careers.sibanyestillwater.com
HR Contact Person : Stephen Trollip
Recruitment Person : Lariozette Smit
Recruiter’s contact number : 014 595 2565
NB: Kindly note that HR personnel at the operations should assist internal applicants to apply should they need assistance.
Advertised: 21 Sep 2020 South Africa Standard Time
Applications close: 05 Oct 2020 South Africa Standard Time
The post Sibanye-Stillwater: Artisan Rigging appeared first on Online Jobs.