Register Clerk (2 Posts)
LOCATION: Division Financial Management and Administration: Document Centre Management, Record Management (Pretoria)
REFERENCES: FMA17/2020 (2 posts)
- Applicants must display competency in the post-specific functions of the post;
- Be in possession of a Senior Certificate (Grade 12)
- Be a SA Citizen,
- Be fluent in at least two official languages, of which one must be English
- Must have no previous convictions or cases pending.
- Applicants will be subjected to a vetting process which will include security screening and fingerprint verification.
- Assisting with the management and maintenance of records classification.
- Assisting with the update, amendments, and additions to the Records Classification System.
- Assisting with the administration of the office of the Commander during his/her absence from the office.
- Only the official application form (available on the SAPS website (www.saps.gov.za) and at SAPS Police Stations) will be accepted. The Z83 previously utilized will no longer be accepted. All instructions on the application form must be adhered to. Failure to do so may result in the rejection of the application.
- The post particulars and reference number of the post must be correctly specified on the application form.
- A comprehensive Curriculum Vitae must be submitted together with the application form.
- Copies of an applicant’s ID, Grade 12 (Senior Certificate), and all educational qualifications obtained, service certificate of previous employers stating the occupation, proof of relevant experience in the field of the post.
- Due to lockdown restrictions on movement, uncertified documents will be accepted during this period of the advert.
- Qualifications submitted will be subjected to verification checking with the relevant institutions. The South African Police Service will verify the residential address of applicants and conduct reference checks.
- Appointments will be made in terms of the Public Service Act, 1994 as applicable to the post environment.
- The application must be mailed timeously. Late applications will not be accepted or considered.
- The closing date for applications is: 2 October 2020 at 16:00
- If a candidate is short-listed, it can be expected of him/her to undergo a personal interview as well as a practical assessment.
- Reference checking will be conducted on all shortlisted applicants.
- Short-listed candidates for appointment to certain identified posts, will be vetted in terms of the Criminal Law (Sexual Offences and Related Matters) Amendment Act, 2007 (Act No 32 of 2007), and the Children’s Act, 2005 (Act No 38 of 2005). A candidate whose particulars appear in either the National Register for Sex Offenders or Part B of the Child Protection Register will be disqualified from appointment to that post.
- The Criminal Law (Forensic Procedures) Amendment Act, Act 37 of 2013 requires that all new appointments in the South African Police Service as from 31st of January 2015 provide a buccal (inside check) sample in order to determine their forensic DNA profile. The forensic DNA profile derived from the sample will be loaded to the Elimination Index of the National Forensic DNA database.
- All short-listed candidates will be subjected to fingerprint screening.
- Correspondence will be conducted with successful candidates only. If you have not been contacted within 3 months after the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
- The South African Police Service is under no obligation to fill a post after the advertisement thereof.
- The SAPS application forms can be obtained from any SAPS Recruitment Office within the South African Police Service.
- Completed application forms must be hand-delivered or emailed (by post/ or electronic mail) to the relevant office indicated below:
Due to lockdown restrictions on movement, applicants may e-mail applications to only one of the addresses below.
- Hand-delivered applications may only be submitted at
SAPS Head Office, Wachthuis
231 etorius Street (Thibault Arcade)
- Application forwarded by post to be addressed to:
Lieutenant Colonel H De Lange
Division: Financial Management and Administration
Private Bag X94
- Due to the delay in the postal system, posted applications will not be accepted.
Applicants are encouraged not to post the applications but to utilize Courier Services (door to door).
- Enquiries can be directed to
Lieutenant Colonel H De Lange and Captain ME Mokholoane (012)393 4425/2894/1226/2273
Other Posts To Apply for: