Employee Relations Specialist – Mr. Price
Durban, KWAZULU-NATAL, South Africa |req5706
Employee Relations Specialist (6-month contract)
The Employee Relations Specialist reports into the Group Head of ER and is responsible for supporting group-wide employee relations functions including but not limited to compliance with in-country labour legislation and any ancillary laws of each country that Mr. Price Group has / will have a presence at any particular time.
- Development, maintenance of compliance frameworks together with governance and legal reports.
- Compile Group monthly compliance reports
- Providing advice to divisions on IR related issues.
- Keeps abreast of trends and news in the labor market policy, sociopolitical occurrences that impact Company.
- Supporting Group Head of ER in ensuring compliance with the regulations of the Occupational Health and Safety Act Safety.
- Responsible for developing frameworks, maintaining reports, training, and implementing guidelines in the ER portfolio
- Employment Equity in South Africa and Namibia – arrange meetings, coordination, administration, and reporting.
- Support Group Head of ER in developing programs aimed at up-skilling people facilitators.
- Monitor trends in the Company’s employee relations indicators and make recommendations to the Group Head of ER.
- Drafting of employment contracts in line with relevant in-country legislation.
- LLB law
- Admitted attorney
- Minimum of 4 years South African Labour law experience and understanding
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to work under pressure
- Must be able to travel
- Corporate and Health & Safety experience will be an added advantage
A little about us:
The Mr. Price Group is a high growth, Omni-channel, fashion- value retailer.
Mr. Price Group has 6 trading divisions namely: Mr. Price; Mr. Price Home; Mr. Price Sport Miladys; Sheet Street and Mr. Price Money.
We employ over 16000 people and retail in over 1000 South African based stores, almost 100 international stores, and through our online channels offering our full product assortments.
Mr. Price Group Limited is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to Employment Equity.
Other Posts To Apply for: