About The JSE Empowerment Fund (JEF)
The JSE Empowerment Fund (JEF) is a bursary provided by the JSE Limited. It is the largest and the first stock exchange in Africa. Interestingly, the JSE was founded in 1887 during the first gold rush in South Africa.
The JSE offers protection through primary and secondary capital markets across a wide range of securities, buffered by post-trade and regulatory services. It is the preferred market for local and international investors seeking wide exposure to the leading capital markets in South Africa and the African continent. The JSE is currently ranked the 19th largest stock exchange in the world by market capitalisation.
The JSE Empowerment Fund Bursary 2021
JSE opened its doors once again for the academic year 2021 to award students with bursaries. It is among the largest stock exchange in the world and the biggest in Africa.
You need to be from a disadvantaged background for you to go ahead with the application. 2nd, 3rd, or postgraduate students are open to apply for the bursary when studying within the following fields:
- Computer Science
- Actuarial Science
- Economic Science
- Data Analytics
- Mathematical Sciences
- Risk and Investment
- Information Technology
The JSE Empowerment Fund Bursary 2021 Requirements and Eligibility
Before beginning the application process, candidates should satisfy these minimum entry requirements. Failure to meet these criteria results in disregard of your application.
- Must be a South African citizen
- Should have completed Matric
- Need to have studied either of the above fields on a full-time plan
- Should be a 2nd, 3rd, or postgraduate student
- Must have an exemplary academic record
- 60% is the minimum average that an undergraduate should attain in their overall performance
- A postgraduate student must have a minimum overall average of 60% in their academic performance.
- Should come from a designated group
- Should come from a previously disadvantaged background.
- Must fill the whole application form without leaving any blank parts
Reach out to obtain the application form by clicking here.
After creating, registering, and log in to your account. Download the form, fill it, and attach clear copies of the following documents. Your application fails to fall under-considered applications when you do not submit copies of these documents:
- A certified copy of your ID
- A legible copy of the Matric certificate
- Your current academic results copied on a tertiary letterhead
- Your transcripts on tertiary letterhead
- A qualification certificate for undergraduates and a certified copy for postgraduate students
Application Closing Date
The application process ends on 31 October 2020 .
JSE contacts successful candidates, while the unsuccessful ones should await the next application process.
For any question or queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the JSE Empowerment Fund (JEF) directly at:
Address: JSE Limited One Exchange Square, Gwen Lane, Sandown, 2196
Telephone Number: +27 11 520 7000
Email Address: [email protected]
The post The JSE Empowerment Fund (JEF) Bursary 2021 appeared first on All Bursaries South Africa.