- Reference Number : REFS/006424
- Directorate : Security Management and Support
- Number of Posts : 1
- Package : R122 595 per annum (plus benefits)
- Enquiries : Mr. Leon Steyn, Tel: (011) 689 8400
- Grade 12 certificate plus 1-2 years’ work experience in security services or public Sector. Valid PSIRA Registration. Minimum Grade C- PSIRA Certificate.
- To render a security service through protection, save guarding and access control about buildings and other premises and their contents, (e.g. equipment, stores and employees) according to the prescribed security procedures, rules and regulations. Perform access control functions: Determine whether visitors have appointments/or the service that the visitor requires. Contact the relevant employee to confirm the appointment or refer the visitor to the relevant service delivery point. Complete or ensure that the admission control register is completed, and issue admission control documents/cards as required. Escort visitors to relevant employees/ venues where required. Lock and unlock entrances. Identify suspicious conduct. Ensure that unauthorised persons and dangerous objects do not enter the building/ premises. Ensure safety in the building and the premises: Undertake building/ premises patrols to identify and check-That doors are locked or unlocked as required. Water leaks and that taps are closed. Fire hazards exposed electrical contacts and other fire hazards emanating from chemicals. Lights switch on and off as required. Suspicious objects and packages. Apply emergency procedures (in situations like bomb scares, riots, etc.) and alert emergency services and departmental management. Ensure that equipment, documents and stores do not leave or enter the building or premises unauthorised: Complete or ensure that the registers to control the movement of equipment, stores and documents are completed. Ensure that no equipment, stores and assets of the department leave the building/ premises unauthorised. Inspect vehicles entering and leaving the premises. Gather information and report on missing and stolen equipment and stores. Handle documents at points of entry according to classification and the prescripts. Ensure all incidents are recorded in the occurrence books/ registers.
- It is the department’s intention to promote equity through the filling of all numeric targets as contained in the Employment Equity Plan. To facilitate this process successfully, an indication of race, gender and disability status is required. APPLICATIONS: Applications must be submitted on form z83, obtainable from any Public Service Department or on the internet at www.dpsa.gov.za/documents. All applications should be delivered to: Gauteng Department of e-Government, Imbumba House, 75 Fox Street, Marshalltown, 2107/ P/Bag x112, Marshalltown, 2107 or Applicants can apply online at:www.gautengonline.gov.za. NOTE: Applications must be submitted on form Z83 (obtainable from any Public Service department) and must be completed in full and page 2 duly signed. Clear indication of the post and reference number that is being applied for must be indicated on your Z.83. A recent, comprehensive CV, specifying all qualifications and experience, with respective dates and certified copies of qualifications and ID (not older than 6 months) must be attached. General information: Short-listed candidates must be available for interviews at a date and time determine by the Gauteng Department of e-Government. Successful candidates maybe be subjected to competency assessment and must obtain a positive security clearance. Applications received after the closing date as well as those who do not comply with the requirements will not be taken into consideration. If you have not received a response from this institution within three months of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. The Gauteng Department of e-Government reserves the right to fill or not fill the above-mentioned posts.
Employer : Department of e-Government
Location : Johannesburg
Closing Date : 16-10-2020
|Do you have Grade 12 certificate plus equivalent qualification in Security?
|Do you have 1 – 3 years’ work experience in security services?
Please Notes :
- Due to the large number of applications we envisage receiving, applications will not be acknowledged. If you do not receive any response within 3 months, please accept that your application was not successful.