Dis-Chem Pharmacies require a Cleaner at our Head Office in Midrand. You will be required to ensure a clean and neat office space while maintaining a hygienic Dis-Chem standard throughout the Head Office.
- Provide a high standard of hygiene and cleanliness throughout the Head Office and communal areas on a daily basis.
- Develop routines to ensure all areas of the Head Office are maintained to a high standard of cleanliness.
- Ensure the canteen and restroom is clean and stocked up with the necessary products at all times.
- Be available at all time, throughout operational hours, to clean up as required.
- Ensure refuse doesn’t contain any products or valued goods before disposing it.
- Vacuum carpeted areas (meeting and training rooms) daily as per standard operating procedures.
- Vacuum other carpeted areas once a week as per standard operating procedures.
- Dust desks, chairs, telephones, shelves, photocopiers etc. in offices and meeting rooms as per standard operating procedures.
- Adhere to industry health and safety regulations while performing duties.
- Ensure no cleaning utensils are left unattended on the office floor and that it is stored away while not in use.
- Ensure that the wet floor sign is up and visible at both ends when cleaning the floor.
- Be friendly and professional – able to deal with customers when they are on-site while cleaning is being performed.
- Guide customers to the right floor or people when asked for assistance.
- Communicate with staff and guests in a clear and friendly manner.
- Solve minor problems or redirect it to the team leader for assistance.
- Ensure kitchens and bathrooms have enough stock and are cleaned according to Dis-Chem standards report any low or out of stock to the team leader.
- Report any malfunctioning equipment or items in areas of operation: doors, handles, locks, taps, cisterns, lights, switch, etc. to the team leader.
- English – Speak
- Customer service and staff member communication
- Trustworthy and honest
- Attention to detail
- Be able to take instructions and follow through
- Time management
Special conditions of employment:
- Needs to work under pressure and reach tight deadlines
- South African or valid work permit
- MIE, clear criminal and credit
- Driver’s license and own reliable transport
Remuneration and benefits:
- Market related salary
- Medical aid
- Provident fund
- Staff account
ONLY SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED. IF YOU HAVEN`T BEEN CONTACTED WITHIN TWO WEEKS AFTER THE CLOSING DATE CONSIDER YOUR APPLICATION AS UNSUCCESSFUL.
Dis-Chem Pharmacies is an equal opportunity employer. Dis-Chem’s approved Employment Equity Plan and targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process aligned to Dis-Chem’s Employment Equity & Transformation Strategy. Dis-Chem actively supports the recruitment of People with Disabilities.
The post Dis-Chem Pharmacies: General Worker Opportunities appeared first on Online Jobs.