HTS (HIV Testing Services) Officer – Ref No: TN0024/20
Limpopo Province – Permanent
Orange Babies – Mopani: Tzaneen
We are looking for an HTS Officer who will focus on the mentoring facility-based counselors on HIV testing services (HTS) and TB screening activities that will assist Mopani to reach their 909090 targets.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Ensure priority populations are tested at the facilities.
- Initiate all clients on ART who tested HIV positive.
- Provide in-service training and mentor facilities on performing HIV quality assurance, HIV counseling, and testing guidelines.
- Conduct community activities and awareness campaigns.
- Offer the (SPI-RT) Stepwise Process for Improving the Quality of HIV Rapid Testing checklist assessments to prepare facilities for external assessments.
- Ensure facilities reach their HTS targets through mentorship.
- Audit files of clients on ART.
Essential qualifications and experience
- Grade 12 and a national certificate on HIV/AIDS.
- Trained in HTS mentorship with 3 years’ experience.
- Trained in basic HIV counseling and testing with 3 years of HTS experience.
- Trained in treatment adherence with 3 years’ experience.
- Knowledge in EMTCT guidelines and working with children will be added as an advantage.
- Knowledge of DoH HTS guidelines & protocols.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to speak Xitsonga and Northern Sotho (Sepedi).
Submit your CV and application letter to Tiyiselani Nkuna at [email protected]
Please specify the above reference number on the subject line for a quicker response. Good luck!
Closing date: 17 October 2020