Peer Educator – Adolescent (Youth Connectors): Orange Babies – Ref No: TN0025/20
Limpopo Province – Fixed Term Contract
Orange Babies: Mopani
We are looking for a Peer Educator who will be responsible for health promotion, education and behaviour change of adolescent and youth for the Orange Babies program. To promote access to HIV, TB, SRH (Sex and reproductive health needs) and enhance retention in care through the strategies implemented in the Anova AYFS program.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Educate youth on risky behaviours and equip them with knowledge on HIV/SRH (Sex and Reproductive Health needs) at high volume facilities.
- Provide comprehensive promotion of SRH including condoms, STI and treatment.
- Promote and distribute information, education and counselling (IEC) materials on essential adolescent and youth health topics.
- Provide age-appropriate HIV risk-reduction counselling.
- Identify youth for HIV at facilities and navigate them for HIV testing services and link them to care.
- Ensure that newly HIV diagnosed youth are successfully provided with ongoing adherence counselling that will promote treatment adherence.
- Ensure continuous psychosocial support for the positives (HIV, TB, GBV-gender-based violence etc.).
- Identify, meet and establish working partnerships with community stakeholders.
- Work closely with community health workers to ensure tracing and marketing of strategies at the community level.
- Compile and submit relevant data forms.
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting according to Anova’s requirements.
Essential qualifications and experience
- Grade 12.
- Local youth between 18 and 25 years of age.
- Qualified HIV counsellor with 2 years’ experience working with adolescents and young people.
- Experience with public speaking and training on facilitation skills.
- 2 years’ experience in basic HIV/Aids, TB, STI, and related work.
- 2 years’ experience in a primary health care setting.
- counselling skills (an advantage).
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to speak Xitsonga and Northern Sotho(Sepedi).
- Good Facilitation and Report writing skills.
- Punctual, Reliable and organized.
- Good problem-solving skills.
Submit your CV and application letter to Tiyiselani Nkuna at [email protected]
Please specify the above reference number on the subject line for a quicker response. Good luck!
Closing date: 17 October 2020