- Reference Number: REFS/006617
- Directorate: Farmers Support & Development
- Number of posts: 27
- Package: R87 000.00 Per annum
- Enquiries: Ms. Thilivhali Mashau (011) 240 3096 or Mr. Elvis Mpateni (011) 240 2608
- Grade 12 plus a Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture (NQF Level 7) or National Diploma in Agriculture (NQF Level 6) as recognized by SAQA.
- Livestock Farm Be receptive to learning new methods of farming/gardening and sharing existing knowledge of farming. Care, cleaning, feeding, and providing water to livestock if placed on livestock farms. Maintain all farming-related equipment, tools, and supplies, including tractor and other machinery. Assist others with various additional projects and work-related errands as needed. Maintain biosecurity measures on the farm at all times. Notify the Manager of animal issues such as sickness, etc Develop and discuss alternative and innovative strategies for the farm be it feeding systems, breeding systems, etc
- To apply for the above position, please apply online at http://professionaljobcentre.gpg.gov.za/ or Hand Deliver at Ground floor, Main entrance 56 Eloff Street, Umnotho House. Applications must be submitted on a Z83 form, obtainable from any Public Service Department, or from the website which must be completed in full. Candidates must attach their recently updated CV as well as certified copies of all qualification/s and ID documents (no copies of certified copies allowed; certification should not be more than six months old). Failure to submit all the requested documents will result in the application not being considered. Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only. This initiative targets qualified unemployed graduates in agriculture who want to venture into entrepreneurial projects related to agriculture, forestry, and fisheries. Of the targeted unemployed graduates, a minimum of 50% must be women and 60% must be youth (18-35 years). Unemployed graduates from colleges of agriculture will receive first priority. Applications must be delivered at 56 Eloff Street, Umnotho House;
Employer: Department of Agriculture and Rural Development
Location: Various farms within Gauteng Province
Closing Date: 30-10-2020
|Do you have Matric certificate?
|Do you have a degree in Agriculture or a national diploma?
Please Notes :
- Due to the large number of applications we envisage receiving, applications will not be acknowledged. If you do not receive any response within 3 months, please accept that your application was not successful.