AGRICULTURE GRADUATE PROGRAM (27 POSTS)
- Reference Number: REFS/006615
- Directorate: Farmers Support & Development
- Number of posts: 27
- Package: R87 000.00 Per annum
- Enquiries: Mr. Nkosikhona Masangane (011) 240 3094 or Margaret Digoro (011) 240 3097
- Grade 12 plus a recognized National Diploma/Degree in agriculture as recognized by SAQA.
- CROP Farm Assist with planting, maintaining, harvesting, washing, and storing produce. Support the harvesting of all farm and greenhouse areas following sustainable harvesting practices. Taking stewardship of the land, plants, and environment by making a commitment to the sustainability and well-being of the project and the people involved. Notify the Manager of irrigation system issues for farm and greenhouse. Support production planning and scheduling for all areas of farm and greenhouse. Assess farm and greenhouse growing conditions. Develop and discuss alternative and innovative strategies for farm planting and maintenance which applies to intensive small-acreage farming.
- To apply for the above position, please apply online at http://professionaljobcentre.gpg.gov.za/ or Hand Deliver at Ground floor, Main entrance 56 Eloff Street, Umnotho House. Applications must be submitted on a Z83 form, obtainable from any Public Service Department, or from the website which must be completed in full. Candidates must attach their recently updated CV as well as certified copies of all qualification/s and ID documents (no copies of certified copies allowed; certification should not be more than six months old). Failure to submit all the requested documents will result in the application not being considered. Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only. This initiative targets qualified unemployed graduates in agriculture who want to venture into entrepreneurial projects related to agriculture, forestry, and fisheries. Of the targeted unemployed graduates, a minimum of 50% must be women and 60% must be youth (18-35 years). Unemployed graduates from colleges of agriculture will receive first priority. Applications must be delivered at 56 Eloff Street, Umnotho House;
Employer: Department of Agriculture and Rural Development
Location: Various farms within Gauteng Province
Closing Date: 30-10-2020
|Do you have matric?
|Do you have a national diploma or degree in agriculture?
Please Notes :
- Due to the large number of applications we envisage receiving, applications will not be acknowledged. If you do not receive any response within 3 months, please accept that your application was not successful.