Company: Western Cape Government
Job Title: Traffic Student Intake
Location: Western Cape
Closing Date: 30 October 2020
The Department of Transport and Public Works will be recruiting Traffic Students for the completion of a Further Education and Training Certificate: Road Traffic Law Enforcement. This is a twelve (12) month training course which will commence on 1 February 2021 at the Gene Louw College (GLTC), Brackenfell.
Should vacant funded Provincial Inspector posts exist after obtaining the Further Education and Training Certificate and be considered for filling, individuals may be offered permanent employment against such posts at one of the Provincial Traffic Centres.
The various Traffic Centres are as follows: Vredendal, Vredenburg, Caledon, Brackenfell, Somerset West, Swellendam, Mossel Bay, George, Knysna, Worcester, Laingsburg, Beaufort West and Oudtshoorn . You may select only one Centre of preference closest to your residential area in the application questions.
Stipend: R 5 000.00 per month will be paid monthly for the duration of the training period
Key Performance Areas
- Enforce road traffic, public passenger and transport legislations;
- Provide visible traffic control/policing and promote/ensure crime prevention activities;
- Perform all administrative activities and related duties.
- A Senior Certificate or equivalent qualification;
- Valid motor vehicle license (manual) code B;
- Applicant must be physically fit, pregnant persons will not be considered as physical tasks during recruitment and subsequent training may pose a threat to the unborn child and/or mother;
- Visible tattoos and body piercings (except females with one piercing in each ear) will disqualify an applicant as this will not compliment uniformity in a uniform wearing environment;
- No criminal record;
- Candidates must qualify for appointment as an Authorized Officer and for the appointment as Peace Officer in terms of the Criminal Procedure Act 51 of 1977;
- Well versed with the home language of the majority of residents in a specific area where the successful incumbents will be appointed;
- Candidates reserved for shortlisting will be subject to undergo fingerprint checks by the SAPS and will be required to undergo the following tests: interview, knowledge test, fitness, driving test and a medical test as proof that the reserved candidates may do strenuous exercise;
- Applicants must be resident in the immediate vicinity of their selected traffic centres, if appointed afterwards.
- One year or more driving experience will be an advantage;
- Candidates younger than 35 years of age will receive preference as these positions are targeted at the youth of the province
- Good written and verbal communication skills in at least two of the three official languages of the Province;
- Good interpersonal and public relations skills;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Assertive and confident personality;
- Ability to work in a team and independently.
How to Apply
Only online applications will be considered. Please apply via the following online portal:
Brackenfell and Somerset West: APPLY HERE
Vredendal, Vredenburg and Caledon: APPLY HERE
Swellendam, Mossel Bay, George and Knysna: APPLY HERE
Worcester, Laingsburg, Beaufort West and Oudtshoorn: APPLY HERE
Only applicants who have met the advertisement criteria will receive a link to their registered email address to answer knowledge-based questions as part of the selection process. If you have not received correspondence within 3 months from closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
The post Traffic Officer Student Intake/Training 2021 appeared first on Latest Jobs.