About Huawei South Africa
As a leading international communications giant, Huawei has created a strong presence in South Africa and is working with the Broadband Development Commission for Sustainable Development to pioneer connectivity opportunities for all. In collaboration with Rain, Huawei recently launched Africa’s first standalone 5G network in South Africa.
The company has provided deserving students with bursaries to study Computer Science and Information Technology (IT). These fields have a skills deficit in South Africa, and Huawei wants to do its part to correct it. Additionally, Huawei is seeking Engineering, Finance, and IT graduates to participate in its graduate programme.
Huawei Bursary 2021
The University of Pretoria aims at not only achieving academic excellence but also supporting its students financially. It is offering the Huawei Bursary sponsored by Huawei Technologies Africa (pty) Ltd once again in 2021 for equity students. Take note that you should be one of the following to qualify for the application.
- You are currently a UP student in your 1st year, 2nd year, or 3rd
- You wish to pursue an honor or Masters but are currently in your final year as an undergraduate student.
- You wish to pursue Masters studies but currently registered as a student in Hons UP.
- You have applied for an Honors or Masters in UP and plan to pursue these higher levels of study.
If you wish to apply for the bursary, you should pursue either of the following courses.
- Computer Science
- Electrical Engineering ( Light Current)
- Electronic Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Information Technology
It is important to note that successful applicants cannot hold any other bursary. It is except for the Merit undergraduate award or the UP postgraduate award.
We contact shortlisted applicants after reviewing their applications. They attend interviews if successful, they receive word from us when we disburse the bursary to their accounts and any more details. Failure to obtain any information from us means your application was unsuccessful.
Huawei Bursary Requirements and Eligibility
For the consideration of your application, you must meet all the following minimum requirements for the bursary. Failure to meet any of these leads to the disregard of your application.
- You must be a citizen of South Africa.
- You must be an equity student, either colored, black, or Indian.
- You must have an outstanding academic performance with a cumulative GPA of 70% and above
- Your academic progress should be consistent and outstanding.
- If you are a new student, you should provide a document to prove the University course application. You are free to provide proof of the provisional acceptance of either of the above fields of study.
Download the application form: Huawei Bursary Application Form (PDF)
Note that once you complete filling the application form, you should accompany it with the following documents for successful applicants only. If you fail to attach them, then render your application disregarded.
- Before 11th February, provide proof of 2021 registration of any one of the above courses. Then you should submit it to the UP postgraduate office.
- Unless you submit proof of 2021 registration to the UP postgraduate office, you receive no funding from the bursary program.
Successful applicants must take note of the following bursary conditions to ensure they have a smooth experience. Withdrawal of the bursary takes effect immediately if you fail to comply with any of the bursary conditions.
- Upon being successful, it is a requirement that you enter into a Bursary Agreement with Huawei Technologies Africa (Pty) Ltd.
- You must study on a full-time basis within the 2021 academic year from the award of the bursary until its expiry in UP.
- Once you complete your studies, it is a must that you enter into an employment contract with Huawei Technologies for 12 months. It enlists you under its graduate program.
The bursary agreement bounds you once you apply. It makes it necessary to meet its conditions henceforth. Unless you are successful and wish to deny the bursary, you must notify the UP postgraduate scholarship office within 10 working days from the disbursement of your bursary.
The application deadline of the Huawei Bursary is 13 November 2020
For further inquiries relevant to this bursary program, please contact the University of Pretoria (UP) directly:
Address: Private Bag x 20, Hatfield 0028
Telephone Number: +27 12 420 3111
E-mail Address: [email protected]
The post Huawei Bursary 2021 appeared first on All Bursaries South Africa.