Location: Tshipi é Ntle Manganese Mining, Kathu, Northern Cape
17 October 2020
28 October 2020
Engineering Assistant (Millwright Assistant)
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To take responsibility for the upkeep, lubrication and servicing of allotted plant and equipment. To fully assist and support the Artisan in his/her daily maintenance and repair tasks. To clean, maintain and store tools and equipment in the prescribed fashion. To ensure good order, safety and housekeeping of work areas.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
· Service and maintain equipment according to prescribed procedures and standards.
· Ensure the correct parts, tools and equipment are available as and when required.
· Perform regular inspections and monitoring to ensure plant, equipment and other are performing to required standard.
· Productively assist the Artisan in his/her duties.
· Identify maintenance issues and report to Artisan.
· Perform all and any maintenance and production related tasks as requested.
· Perform related administrative duties timeously to required standard.
· Demonstrate an understanding of cost, productivity, efficiency, and other business principles in performing duties.
· Report unsafe work conditions and behaviour as well as incidents and accidents.
· Conduct risk assessments and pre work inspections.
· Adhere to SOP’s, works instructions, policies and procedures
· Ensure adherence to all relevant legislation e.g. MHSA etc.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
· Matric (Grade 12)
· Technical training would be advantageous
· Drivers licence
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
· 2 years related experience in electrical and mechanical engineering as artisan aid or similar.
· Related knowledge and training in an artisan field will be advantageous.