EPWP Infrastructure General Maintenance Contractor (2 positions)
23 October 2020
Table Mountain National Park
An opportunity currently exists for an emerging contractor in Table Mountain National Park, as part of an Expanded Public Works Programme (EPWP), SANParks Infrastructure Maintenance Programme funded by the Department of Environment, Forestry and Fisheries. The duration of the project is until 31 March 2021.
Candidates who meet the above requirements should forward their applications the following documents (any copies of the original document must be certified):
- Detailed CV
- Certified copy of Qualification, i.e. Grade 12 certificate
- Certified copy of Identity Document
- Certified copy of Driver’s license
- Certified copy of PDP license
- Certified copy of Company registration document (if applicable)
- Proof of vehicle ownership – either vehicle registration and or lease/rental agreement
- Tax clearance
- Letter of Good Standing from Compensation Commissioner
- Central Supplier Database form (if applicable)
The application must be submitted to:
ATT: Zerina Karjieker
Table Mountain National Park
Email: [email protected]
Applications that have not been responded to within 14 days should be regarded as unsuccessful.
NB: The programme shall prioritise opportunities for Youth, Women and people living with disabilities, consistent with the EPWP employment equity objectives.
- Minimum of 3 yearsâ experience in infrastructure maintenance/construction.
- Must be in a possession of a suitable vehicle and its roadworthy certificate that will be able to transport a minimum of 10 people (if shortlisted, the vehicle will be inspected).
- Valid driver’s license.
- PDP is essential as per EPWP requirements.
- General knowledge and understanding of allocating and managing works.
- Good verbal and oral communication skills.
- Experience in supervising workers.
- Must be COIDA Registered with valid Letter of Good Standing on appointment.
- Valid Tax Clearance Certificate for the company on appointment.
- Must have South African citizenship.
- Must be an HDI (Historically Disadvantaged Individual) from the listed locality and communities.
- Must be registered on Government Central Supplier Database (CSD), or in a position to do so within two weeks of appointment.
- Grade 12.
- Previous experience in administration will be an added advantage.
- Health and Safety, First Aid level two certificate will be an added advantage.
- Construction Industry Development Board grading will be an added advantage.
- Registered business would be an added advantage.
Applicable EPWP Conditions:
- Must not be receiving a state pension or assistance from a social security system (a contractor may be receiving a disability grant).
- Must not have taken a state VSP (Voluntary Severance Package).
- Must not be employed elsewhere or participate in a contract.
- Must be the only one in their household who works for the EPWP programme.
- May not be financially involved with or from the immediate family of any SANParks staff member or Project Advisory Committee member.
- An approved EPWP daily wage will be paid to the contractor, skilled, semi-skilled and labourers as per approved business plan.
- Manage, supervise and delegate work to general infrastructure maintenance team/s on a labour-only basis.
- Operational planning for the implementation of works.
- Manage the finances of the contracting team.
- Recruitment of EPWP participants according to applicable conditions.
- Administration, i.e. complete attendance registers, pay sheet for workers, vehicle log sheets, and incident register.
- Record keeping of daily activities (production record).
- Liaise with the Project Manager and Technical Services Manager within the National Park.
- Ensure health & safety compliance.
- Conform to the legal requirements relating to transport and labour issues.
The post Cleaners & General Worker (X20 Posts) appeared first on Latest Jobs.