Communication Officer – Corporate Communication and Media Relations
- Reference Number : REFS/007045
- Directorate : Corporate Communication and Media Relations
- Number of Posts : 7
- Package : R 257 508 per annum
- Enquiries : Mr. Lwandile Phaledi (011) 355 – 8526
- Grade 12 and a NQF level 6 in Public Relations Management, Media Studies, Communications or equivalent qualifications. KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE: 1-2 years’ experience in corporate communication. Code EB, • Problem Solving & Analysis, Customer Orientation and Focus, Information Management, Customer centric (Batho Pele Principles). Communication (verbal and written) Skills, Stakeholder Management. Writing, Editing, Proofreading, Time management, Negotiations Skills, Computer literacy, Statistical and report writing, Numeracy Skills, Advanced application skills and Desktop publishing.
- Gather information, write and proof-read articles for departmental publications. Upload content on the departmental website. Develop and upload approved messages for the social media platforms. Generate live social media coverage for departmental events. Draft communication plans for departmental events. Update the media list and database. Disseminate press statements. Coordinate media engagement sessions. Secure advertising media space. Keep a media attendance register for events. Respond to public queries on social media on behalf of the Department. Benchmark the performance of Departmental social media accounts. Draft responses to public queries in the GPG common platform. Scan newspaper stories and analyse departmental media coverage. Draft monthly media monitoring and analysis reports for management. Compile media coverage reports after events.
- Applications must be submitted on Z83 forms, obtainable from any Public Service Department. Applications to be done online http://professionaljobcentre.gpg.gov.za. The completed and signed Z83 form should be accompanied by a recently updated CV as well as originally certified copies of all qualification/s and ID document (no copies of certified copies allowed, certification should not be more than six months old). Failure to submit all the requested documents will result in the application not being considered. Correspondence will be limited to shortlisted candidates only. If you have not been contacted within three (3) months after the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful. Kindly note that successful candidates will be subjected to a competency assessment, security clearance in terms of a criminal record check, reference checks and verification of qualifications. All shortlisted candidates may be subjected to a technical exercise that intends to test relevant technical elements of the job, for which the logistics will be communicated by the department. For SMS posts, following the interview and exercise, the recommended candidate/s will attend a generic managerial competency assessment.
Employer : Department of Economic Development
Location : 56 Umnotho House – Johannesburg
Closing Date : 09-11-2020
|Do you have a Degree or Diploma in Public Relations Management, Media Studies, Communications or equivalent qualifications?
|Do you have the required experience of 1 – 2 years in Corporate Communication and Media Liaison environment?
Please Notes :
- Due to the large number of applications we envisage receiving, applications will not be acknowledged. If you do not receive any response within 3 months, please accept that your application was not successful.