Murray & Roberts Cementation invites suitably qualified candidates to apply for the position of Artisan Electrician. The successful candidate will report to the Foreman Engineering. The company will provide remuneration and benefits relevant and appropriate to the position. Preference will be given to Historically Disadvantaged South African (HDSA) candidates. Applications only open to South African Citizens / Permanent Residents.
Suitable candidates must have the following work experience:
- 5 years’ or more mining industry experience (underground and surface)
- 5 years’ trade experience as an Electrician
- Experience and knowledge of air-conditioner maintenance fault-finding and repairs on TMM machines
- Experience on Epiroc, Sandvik, Caterpillar, Manitou and Bell equipment [Advantageous]
- Medically fit to work underground
The successful candidate will be responsible for, but not be limited to:
- Cost containment, high mean time to failure after repairs
- Competent, motivated, disciplined and positive team
- Effective self and team supervision in alignment with MRC values and leadership initiatives
- Effective stakeholder engagement
- Engineering installations are construction according to agreed standards, procedures and specifications
- Engineering equipment in maintained according to agreed standards, procedures and schedules
- Compliance with SHEQ, MRC and client standards, policies, procedures and safety protocols
Suitable candidates must possess the following minimum qualifications and skills:
- Grade 12 or NQF 4 equivalent
- Section 26 Electrical Trade Certificate / MIETTB (mining Industry Engineering Trades Training Board) Trade Certificate through a registered body e.g:
- Olifantsfontein pre 1994
- ESTC (Engineering Skills Training Centre) James Park
- GFA (Goldfields Training Academy)
- Sound verbal and written communication skills in English
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- Murray & Roberts reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.
- If you do not receive any feedback on your application within 4 weeks from the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
The post Murray & Roberts: Electrician appeared first on Latest Jobs.